2g DSM Rear Hub Assembly Removal

My wheel bearings in the rear pass. side self destructed bigtime.

Bought a new hub assembly from Carquest. It was much unlike the one for the front. It didn’t come with wheel studs, or a mating surface for the rotor. Small housing with the 4 bolt holes and the bearings.

I know on the fronts it took some very hard pounding on the studs and the rotor mating surface to knock the 10 years of rust off the hub assembly and get it out.

However, I am hesitant to do the same technique on the rear as I don’t have new studs and rotor mating surface.

For the DSM guys… Is there any other way aside from just beating the shit out of the studs?

Good luck. You are going to have to replace the entire rear spindle assembly with a used one. That bearing is never coming out.

+1. There was a thread on this.

Get a axle puller. Hope you like bloody knuckles. My uncle is becoming a pro at these. Let me know if you want his number.

Just thought I’d update, after much procrastination, and a lot of PB Blaster… It was done with just a swap of the hub assembly.

You got lucky. Who did you make pagan sacrifices to?

yeah i have sat there with a gigantic slide hammer and pants tied around it so i could swing like a baseball bat.those hubs still didnt come out. the fronts are bad to. my old boss at sears was so bad we destroyed his axle getting it out.

2 full cans of PB Blaster and lots of time sitting…