help with rear hub removal

Any body have trouble removing the rear hubs? (s13) I can’t get the damn things off!! I have removed the pin and nut in the center and the brake calipers but the rotor won’t even come off. I tried beating on it with a hammer and it still won’t budge!! Any ideas?

Thanks

Okay I don’t quite understand your post.

Are you trying to get off the rear hub to change the bearing or just take off the rear rotor for a brake change?

well if you have the caliper off and you are trying to get the rotor off there are holes in the rotor. Find a bolt that fit it and turn it in. It should pop the rotor off.

http://www.mayibuyavowel.ca/pics/misc/rotor.jpg

I used a hammer for removing my rotor. It worked :smiley: It looked like it wasn’t doing anything at first, but I just kept at it, and it worked.

Nice post Mishkin. Thats what those holes are for people! Dont beat the snot out of your rotors!

I knew about that… but finding a bolt was a bizzatch, and the holes were rusted up so the threading was crap neway. Besides, my rotors were garbage to begin with, and beating them with a hammer was serious amounts of fun.
I did read an interesting idea on removing them without using those holes though!
You get long bolts that match up with the bolts for your calipers, and you start threading them in till they start pushing your rotor out. Then you keep turning the rotor and turning the bolt in more. It’ll eventually pop off.

Thanks for all the responces. I called Nissan and the mechanic said to beat it with a hammer :slight_smile: I didn’t see any holes for a bolt though.

Hehehe, hammer rules :stuck_out_tongue: You could also try that thing I said with the bolt in the caliper hole if you’re not too lazy or impatient to look for a proper bolt (I know I was :D), and don’t mind missing out on the fun of using a hammer.