s13 brake rotors install

hey what all needs to be changed when changing front rotors on 240sx i cant get rotors off unless i take bearings and all out
is this normal?
please help
thanks
mike

haven’t done it on an s13 before, but it should be fairly similar to other cars… its probably just seized/rusted on, so just get some liquid wrench/penetrating oil and/or a torch, and then take a hammer to it and it should come off…

Take wheel and move caliper out of the way, which is quite obvious, and they should come right off. If they don’t then they are probably rusted on so start banging at the back of them with a hammer to loosen them up a bit. Then try to find some bolts that fit in the two smaller holes. They should be longer than the width of the rotors. Start tightening them and eventually the rotor will start to pull away from the hub.

But like I said hammer them a bit to loosen them up.

i did that and did it over and over
looked in manuel and said take hub off
i even took studs out to try that still no go i put 14mil bolts in the holes and used impact on then still no go
i am lost lol

if it is just bolts that wont move… grab something & stand on them & bounce for 5 minutes…

I believe that’s what ‘scribbles’ had to do.

Its probally just stuck on from rust.

Take a sledge hammer and slam on it till it comes loose.

He’s not kidding about the sledgehammer I recall having to use one to help out another member …

I had to whang on mine with a sledge for about 15 min before it came off teh hub… it’ll go eventually. (but you shouldn’t really need to take the hub off if everything isn’t totally rusted to sh$t)

just put the hub face down on a blok of wood. use something to keep it from tipping I held mine down with another blok of wood, and just have at it and rotate to knock it off evenly.

have fun *whang whang whang … *

lol

laters

dude you took off the hub? ok so i am an apprentis at a shop and when i have a rotor stuck on and cant get it off my supervisor will tell me to hit it like a man… So put you hub back on the car and GIVER!! untill it comes off. and if you need 2 you can put some wd or liquid wrench around the hub. might help.

Oh and if your going to do the rear’s your going to need a calaper compressor to spin the piston back in.

rusted on like the others are saying. had same problem, had to remove hub bolts and screw in a bolt in the small hole to pull out the rotors from the hub. took like 30 mins for each! god damn rust…

look at this:

http://www.zallow.com/240sx/own3d%20rotor.jpg

and you dont need a compressor to sping the piston back, it may be the perfect tool for doing the job, but just a pair of vicegrips is fine. do it manually, but be extra careful not to damage the rubber boot around the piston.

Yep same thing happened to mine.

Yes, vice grip will work or a C-clamp.

You can just spin the rear pistons in with needle nose pliers