Front Rotors Seized

Like the title says my front rotors are seized on and i cant get them off. ive sprayed them and also spent lots of time hammering on them and no luck doesnt even budge. plz forward any suggestion.

thanks ahead of time.

if you have a little hole between your lugs find a long bolt that threads in there, tighten it and it will press against the hub and pop the rotor off.

i had this problem today wd and liquid wrenched them didnt worked kicked and beat them and that didnt work…so i put a scissor jack in between the rotor and the frame and dranked it on both side(one at a time) and they came off…

the stupid rotors that the last person put on dont have the screw hole. and i might just have to try the jack thing. could work.
thanks

User a bigger hammer.

bfh.

BFI FTW, I agree with the larger hammer option. Or the jack, but it’s not as fun.

my rear rotors were a pain to take off just a few days ago… i broke my hammer…it bent back cheap ass crap… but eventually it came off… just hammer away

hehe yeah eventually even if you don’t get the rotor to pop of you should be able to break it… the steel is pretty brittle to serious impact lol, i always have fun smashing the old rear rotors hah, when u put new ones on anti siese the hub surface should make it easy to come off next time

use a little heat around the hub and get a big persuasion tool and go wild on it

the thing is i cant get a set of torches. any idea if propane or MET gas will get hot enough through the rotor?

propane will get them warm enough

Yeah, it doesn’t have to be exceptionally warm… Hell, light a camp fire under it and it’ll do the job… You’re not looking to melt the metal, just get it hot.

i second the big hammer.

you get to make some noise and it’s more fun.

just don’t give it love-taps.

if you’re scrapping the rotors… BIG HAMMER !!! hit it from the back at random points … oh wait… do that if you dont have the dust sheild anymore.
if you still do… tap it around the stud area
heating it up with a torch always help :slight_smile:

LOLLLLLL. I had this exact same problem. I call up my buddy who happens to be a mechanic, and he told me the EXACT SAME THING. So I got a sledge hammer.

Back on topic, another thing that might help is using a torch, even a propane torch should work, around the hub/bearing, to burn off some of the rust, just keep burning it and eventually it might come off.

Good luck.

thanks guys i would love to get sled hammer in there but the shields are in mint shape so dont wanna rip them off im gonna see if i can get a torch from a buddy.

how the eff do you get a rotor locked on so tight you can’t jar off?
rust?

^^ Heat, rust and overtorqued lugs will do it quite well.