'90 front rotor help - wont come off!!!

hey all,

alright, after an hour of banging and hitting the dam rotor, it still wont come off. am i missing something?? its loose and i can pivot the rotor side to side while its still on the hub but when it gets close to the end of the hub, it just wont come off and i cant move it anymore, its like i hit a ledge tat prevents it from coming off…it has ABS but i dont know if that makes difference.

anyone know why or have a trick on how to get it off? somesort of makeshift tool maybe?

thanks

warped ? bent studs?

your going to need new rotors

wierd. abs makes no difference. Maybe the rotor is warped or something…I’d say keep wailing on it till it breaks free :wink:

put some strenth into when ur hammering it boy…just get BFH and hit that slut from behind until she comes out

works everytime

In the famous words of Scribbles

" If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger hammer! "

It took me 2 days of hammering and tourching to get the front rotors of my 89 hatchback, enjoy.

alright, so its just a matter of hitting and hitting then huh?!

dam, well its not bent or warped, they were just resurfaced i think, but the holes around the rotor that the studs go through fix just perfectly and the studs dont touch the sides, there is that little bit of clearance. I guess ill have to just keep on hitting, and liek scribbles said, use a bigger hammer! haha

thanks

BIGGER F*CKING HAMMER

…famous words of rob

ur a retard you’ll damage the studs that way, the rotor has holes in it, find appropraite bolts and twist them in, as they hit the hub they will push the rotor off, use alot of penetrating grease in a spray can to make things easier, force doesnt solve anything, you’ll only wreck shit, do things right, oh and btw snowboard_240sx, like you did in my thread with snapped studs, its my turn to say… OWNED! :lol: 8)

ive tried that, all it did was crack the rotor! so im still at the same place, i think ill just bring it to the shop and get them to remove it. and grease and wd40 was used…a lot of it!

ur a retard you’ll damage the studs that way, the rotor has holes in it, find appropraite bolts and twist them in, as they hit the hub they will push the rotor off, use alot of penetrating grease in a spray can to make things easier, force doesnt solve anything, you’ll only wreck shit, do things right, oh and btw snowboard_240sx, like you did in my thread with snapped studs, its my turn to say… OWNED! :lol: 8)[/quote]

ive done many many break jobs, i worked at a local garage for over a year…and when a rotor is tough, u take a hammer to it, hit it in all the right spots and it comes out… :twisted:

u just need to know what ur doing

u just have to know what ur doing

ur a retard you’ll damage the studs that way, the rotor has holes in it, find appropraite bolts and twist them in, as they hit the hub they will push the rotor off, use alot of penetrating grease in a spray can to make things easier, force doesnt solve anything, you’ll only wreck shit, do things right, oh and btw snowboard_240sx, like you did in my thread with snapped studs, its my turn to say… OWNED! :lol: 8)[/quote]

ive done many many break jobs, i worked at a local garage for over a year…and when a rotor is tough, u take a hammer to it, hit it in all the right spots and it comes out… :twisted:

u just need to know what ur doing

u just have to know what ur doing[/quote]

lol i guess so if you have a mad hammering techniques of death

That method is all fine and good when the rotor is seized to the hub with rust and you just need to pop it, but, as he said he’d already broken the rotor free. My guess is still warpage of the rotor or studs.

If it were me I’d pull the whole damn hub off and throw it on a bench vice, pull all the hub bolts out and figure if any of them are bent…bla, bla bla.

Yeah, Paul’s right… if the studs are warped, you have other issues on your hands. ie: how did they get that way?

ok well lets say the studs are bent, how did that happen? I have no clue but i have no issue putting the wheel back on. The rims also fits flush to the hub still but it didnt look like the rotor was warped or the studs were bent when i spun the rotor. (i put lugs back on and tightened them down and spun it and it didnt seem to have any warpage)

Removing the hub is a little bit more work than i want to do right now. And plus who knows what else i might run into doing that…

im probbaly just going to bring it to the shop just for the one rotor unless i run into the same problem on the other side, and if thats the case, wtf!?!?

if the rotor hasnt broken yet then you can still hit it harder :lol:

get rid of your shoe makers hammer and pull out the 5lbs sledge

the rotors stick really bad i did all 4 on both of my brothers 240’s and they all stuck. like the guys at intense said just get a bigger hammer. that is after you have removed the calipers… i know its a stupid thought … but hey sometime’s people forget things.

i don think the rotor it caught by the studs
most likely it got caught by the rust buildup behind the rotor where it surrounds the hub
it’s like the inner side of the rotor strinked becuz of rust build ups, and grabed onto the hub
spray some wd40 from behind and keep hammering
if u can break apart those rust it will come out…

That was my problem last weekend… all I could do was hit the rotor from the back (turning the rotor a quarter turn after each hit) and get more wd40 in there (down the vanes, too). Heating the rotor did nothing.

it took me 3 hours per side to get the rotor off… good luck

a slide hammer might help