removing rear hub

Im trying to chang the rear wheel bearing on my 93 s13… I took it all apart… i took the four bolts out that are holing it on… how do i get it out now there is nothing holding it but i cant get it to move any idea’s… and i bought the bearing but the other peice that is on the bearing that holds the wheel the hub part is that pressed on to the bearing… can some one help me out

Thanks dustin

did you remove the bolt from the shaft, it may just be stuck in there i say take the spindle off and tap it out from the back. yes the hub is pressed into the bearing.

yea i did remover the big bolt… so i have to just keep hitting it with a hammer to get it to free up cuz the bearing is in the knuckle and i dont think its ever been out sound right to you or no… then i will have to get the hub pressed out and pressed on the the new brearing???

it has to be pressed out. it can be done without a press but it’s a HUGE pain in the ass. it’s worth the money to pay a machine shop to do it. i had the front done a while ago and it was $30 IIRC.

i just did my 5 lug and to remove the rears i used a slide hammer hub puller, the one at my work bolts on to 3 studs with the stock nuts and you just yank her off lol very easy, just i wouldnt recomend it for ppl who want to save their bearings.

yea i work at a dealership and we have a slide hammer so i sould us that to get it out i dont need to save the bearing i have a new one but i need the front peice that is on the bearing the front peice that the wheel bolts on to i would call it the hub part

oh ya that will still be good all youll have to do is press it out of the bearing and then into the new one

right on thanks for all your help i had most of it apart today but ran out of time so now i know what i have left to do so thanks for your help

dude just hit it with a hammer from the other side and spray the thing with that rust thing, doesn’t do anything, i replaced for rear wheel bearings, u don’t need no machine shop. so go to princess auto and buy a bearing race puller and a bearing puller (2jaw) and your good to go.

or just take it out and goto someone with a press

yea im going to do it at work tomorow then i will see what happens if i can get it apart or not i have a press at work but not to sure how good it is i will get back to you guys tomrow and let u no how i made out…

I changed it at work to day but ever thing i tryed i couldnt get the bearing out so i had to take the knuckle out and take it all to the mean shop down the street but it is all good now so thanks guys

there’s a shitty little snap ring in there that’s hard to see, it holds the bearing in… that might be what was stopping it.