Removing axle from wheel bearing & hub

So, I’m having trouble do said job.

The FSM says to just bang it out. If that can’t done, then use a bearing puller.

I picked up a bearing puller and it’s not working very well.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
And no, I can’t take it to a shop right now. I can’t afford to take it to the shop for this as my engine needs mechanical work done to run.

have you unbolted anything other then the hub nut?

you need to take some more stuff off to get it out.

I took the whole spindle and LCA off. I also took off the end section of the axles… So I have the whole piece off the car…

P.S.

FUCK BODY RUST!!!

bolt it back on

or put it in a vice

its hard to hammer it when its not stationary

know anyone with an extra axel shaft? lol… cause i took mine out last week and it was stuck real good… it’s really hard to bang it out without damaging the threads, luckily i had a spare axel shaft so i just gave’r with a metal hammer and came right out. but i only did that because i had an extra axel shaft, once i did that, the exisiting axel shaft was useless, threads were shot.

but yea that’s what worked for me, i was in a similar situation as you. no money because of motor work and what not… hope this helps.

Jon

wd40 first let sit over night then beat the hell out of it with a rubber mallet

^^ haha yea… that’s your best bet… or pb blaster from crappy tire is good too. but if your car is old… i’m gonna bet that won’t work… corrosion and rust can lock that stuff in there pretty tight…

where abouts are you located? is the entire knuckle and axel shaft free from the car? if it is, i may be able to take it to the old dealership i worked at and have them press it out… no charge…

Jon

edit: just realized… you’re in barrie. if wd40, pb blaster, penetratin fluid doesn’t help… you may have to take it and get it pressed out.

my car’s a 98 and it wouldn’t come out easy.

WTF… They just slide out. Un-bolt the huge nut (like 36 or 38mm or something) and then pull it out. Only way it could possible get stuck is if the axle is rusted/stuck inside the hub.

You shouldn’t need to remove anything “control arm, spindle” nothing… I’ve hoenstly removed quite a few and I’ve never ever had a single issue, they came out easy as hell.

^It wouldn’t budge while it was still bolted up. And I mean it dodn’t move in the slightest.

However, I did get it off.
Although in a way I wasn’t hoping for.

I couldn’t get the rear lower toe arm off. (Now it doesn’t want to go back in)
So I disconnected the last portion of the axle. I laid it down and put the nut back on. Took a big punch and gave 'er shit.

It finally came out.

Oh, yes I did use WD40 and let it sit over night. That didn’t do squat. WD40 is weasel piss anyways. So I used Krown T40 and let it sit for about a minute and a half. Shit came out like greased up dildo.

Now I can’t get the ball joint in the rear lower toe arm back in.

for the record. It’s a 95 S14. This thing wasn’t taken care of AT ALL by the last owner. Everything I have tried removing has been seized up like the Moslons Plant pot drug raid.