Dell laptop guys...come in

So work purchased me a 9-cell battery for my company laptop in October of last year. It took a shit and won’t charge. Dell batteries have a 1 year warranty so it’s definitely covered. However, every contact I have in IT here has been unable to track down an order number, phone number it was ordered under, etc., for me. They won’t order me another one since I had to pull :snky: strings that are no longer here to get one the first time, which is prob why they can’t find the details.
I’ve spoken to half of Dell’s staff in India, and they refuse to warranty it without an order number. The serial numbers on the batteries aren’t unique like a computer so there’s no way to track it. Thus, my warranty is useless. Not coming up with $200 cash to buy another battery, and the e-bay knockoffs suck.

Does anyone have a Dell 9-cell battery with an Inspiron 1525 that they got within the last year? Part number on mine is GP952 but there are a couple of them. I’ll give you $20 to initiate a warranty claim on it, and the battery to send back. Plus, you get your warranty on the battery extended to a year from when you do the claim, instead of when you bought the PC. Probably a long shot but maybe i’ll get lucky.

$155.99 for new 9 cell replacement if you have to go that route.

They can’t pull the info from the service tag?

Dell ties the warranty to the invoice on components like batteries and displays. They need proof of purchase.

Yeah, I didn’t buy it with the computer. No service tag on batteries :mad:

I tried to see if there was any way I could help you, but no luck. I can get you one at the cost I posted, but that’s it. And that’s for a new Dell battery.

The only other situation is that if the system is still under warranty, you can try to get it under warranty by stating that the charging system is defective and damaged the life of the battery.

Thanks for trying…Dell has always been great with me but this really pissed me off.

They got really annoying with batteries after the SONY fiasco.

I would make bestest friends with corp acct…

Actually Joe, do you have your company’s tax ID number?

I would call a the sales team, or your account manager if you can get a hold of their name.

They have all the info on everything that you have ever ordered.