Detail guys...need help....

does lexol work?

somebody go to Tibet and bring some back and try it?

i wrote lexol asking about white leather. granted my seats are far from perfect but cleaner than the norm would be better.

myself and the 10ish others in this thread dig it :tup:

Lexol is good stuff, but Zymol works best.

zymol makes a leather cleaner? or did you not read anything and assume this is for paint?

Yes Zymol makes leather cleaner and a conditioner, I’ve found it at target on occasion as werid as that is.

come on, some nerd detailer on here must be able to answer this.

Cause coffee has Tannin in it…

for the lexol cleaner, you can use that on white seats. for the conditioner…im not to sure. i thought i used it on a few white seats when i was at delta and they came out nice, but the color of the shit is a caramel color so i really cant remember.

use water with the cleaner if you do. and use a brush with like a horse hair, or something with a very soft brush

true, but why does does a good detailer want to know if the coffee is caffeinated or decaffeinated?

Regular coffee contains natural dyes and stains can be removed easily with a low ph cleaner like vinegar, decaf uses synthetic dyes to get the brown color which makes it a pain in the ass

why doesn’t anybody care? lol

the winner. :clap: obviously this is why you get paid more than an ignorant detailer who would just rub the stain with a paper towel etc :smiley:

Lexol isn’t bad but no where near the power of this stuff http://www.leatherique.com/

Ha vent done this to mine yet. but the results are phenomenal. You use the conditioner first then do the cleaner. The conditioner moves the dirt to the surface then you clean it off. Its an overnight process

Leatherique is for non coated leathers. Its meant to be a bit of a rejuvenating system. Not to say its not worth your time or money but Leatherique could potentially make a mess and just be not worth the cost if its used on todays modern leathers who may only require a gentle cleaner. Old P-car and Ferrari leathers are great examples of what leatherique would work great on. Not to mention leatherique always works better when its able to kinda sit on the surface to be cleaned for a while

Alot of people may have no heard this but Lexol has a rumor behind it that it was orignally made for horse and caddle tack leathers. In my experience it doesnt really give a great result for the price.
Good stuff especially is z9 and z10 from zaino and FourStar leather cleaner and conditioner. I use alot of both of these. 4star conditioner is awesome

Keep in mind that despite it being a very resiliant surface leather in our cars is still somewhat porous and especially with perforated leathers can be easy to make a mess lol. Plus with it being leather, you can only do so much, it really may be stained. Thats not to say you cant make some really good improvement if not get all of it cleaned.

If you dont mind shipping, z9 and z10 or the 4star stuff is awesome. You can use a soft bristled brush with the cleaner and/or a microfiber. Work it gently then remove with your MF towel. Then apply your conditioner.

deep breath

Oh and hey all im Mike, just joined up here:headbang:

Must work for west herr somewhere. I would not recommend Power Blitz on leather as for its an engine cleaner even if its watered down simply because it would take color out. I would use regular soap and water and scrub it and then use some lexol. If the stains don’t come out, I would rather have lite stains than discolored leather.

You can actually use Woolite(yea the stuff you wash your moms sweaters in) on leather. Though I personally wouldn’t use it myself. There are recommendations from car manufacturers, I think maybe Lexus might be Caddy who tell you to use it. Problem with Woolite though its really gentle at the proper dilution, the residue from the detergents left behind can attract dirt become sticky if not wiped down again to remove it. Same thing with regular soap, it can leave a residue as well as dry out or sometimes stain delicate stuff. Soap is usually slightly alkaline.

Also I would never recommend any kind of alkaline cleaner in any dilution on leather despite modern leather being coated. pH neutral cleaners are the way to go on leather. Theres a reason its an engine degreaser…

4star and Zaino or Einszett!!!11

What kind of car is in question here Marcus??

A+ I learned something. Worthwhile post of the day