Detailing Guys, Please step in here!

Wondering opinions on the Chemical Guys products?

Seen a lot of good reviews, but has anyone used their stuff before?

I was a Meguiers/Mothers guy, but i want to step up to something higher quality.

Our new detail vendor: http://www.nyspeed.com/forumdisplay.php?482-Auto-Aesthetica-DetailWNY.com

He hasn’t posted about it yet, but he also distributes :tup:

I’m not a big fan of Chemical Guys, but I haven’t tried all of their products.

I don’t think any product line is a hit or miss. For example, Turtle Wax had a Platinum Paste Wax a few years ago that was really fantastic, but it seems to have been discontinued.

What types of products are you looking for?

Basically I want to upgrade my setup so I can cover just about everything on the inside/outside.

So I’ve been looking at DA/Buffers (Leaning towards the Flex XC3401 over the PC); and then looking at chemicals starting with compounds/polishes up through sealants/waxes.

We’ve got nasty water out here so something for removal/prevention of water spots. I’ve got spots/areas on all our cars that need scratches/swirls removed. And now that I’ve got a Metallic Granite Black truck, I really need some stuff to keep that looking good (seeing black is a nightmare to keep clean).

Essentially I want to have the products/chemicals/tools to be able to take care of my cars like a professional would.

If you guys want to PM me instead of post because you make a living or do side work and the chemicals are your trade secrets feel free. This is not something I’m going to do as a business, plus I’m far enough away where I can’t use your services anyways.

Pm sent.

Brent

I have experience with PC, Cyclo, and Rotary. The PC or Flex should serve your purposes just fine.

I have heard great things about High Definition’s line of polishes. Meguiars M205 and M105 polishes are also very good. I’d avoid annual aggressive polishing and instead focus on the wash products. A quality wash, microfiber mitts and towels, and proper method will be much more beneficial to the paint. It’s also a good idea to supplement regular waxing with a coat of spraywax after every wash.

Off-the-shelf products have come a long way in the 10 years I’ve been correcting paint.

after using Menzerna for the past 6 years i dont plan on going to anything else

I like the chemical guys stuff however I have a variety of other brands also

After using a real buffer for years at the dealership I hate my porter cable it’s so slowwww

I buy most of my stuff from Autogeek.net. They have pretty much anything you’d need. I use a bunch of random brands but it’s all available there.