Dewalt impact driver

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.dewalt.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/PHOTOS/DEWALT/TOOLS/LARGE/8/DC827KL_1.jpg

seems compact enough to be useful around most of the engine bay/undercarriage and max tq is 111ft-lbs so it should be able to handle most applications.

And for ~$100 off ebay seems like a good buy.

looks cool…

111 ftlbs is not much

i actually used (well i didnt personally) one of these yesterday lol

as far as anything drills, i usually get makita

i think this would be better for removing long bolts after they have been removed with a real impact

aha cuz youve bought so many drills ahha

good for most exhaust bolts, drain plugs, etc. i would think

ahahahah hahahaha ahahaha ACTUALLY. yes i have? considering my dad owns a construction business. AND GUESS WHAT? WE USE DRILLS? OH YEAH!!

you’re gonna use an impact driver for drain plugs?

:io:

just considering this because i helped my buddy take his car up to stage 2 last weekend and it was a bitch with wrenches + breaker bars.

I have a Hitachi Lith Ion impact drill…it works well

no, just threw that in there as reference that i’d be using it for small jobs

ahahahah they let you around construction equipment? hahahahah
argument done

yeah. i actually do work, and have a job. i dont sit behind a desk all day doing mindless tasks.

nice to see that it only took about 20min for 2 jackasses to completely sidetrack the purpose of this thread :gay:

My air impact is 800 ft-lbs

if i could go with air i definetly would but i’m in an apt complex.

I’m just saying… 111 ft-lbs isn’t going to do much.

the gun isnt really compact at all, you can use a regular drill and just use a smaller driver.

it’s a lot taller than a normal gun and about the same width, maybe the battery pack is about half an inch smaller

Don’t get it if you expect to get bolts off a car. The bigger ones are actually useful.