Dewalt impact driver

buy a breaker bar?

are you trying to say not to get it?

just be blunt man lol

The main purpose that i would buy it would be for when i decide to replace my uppipe/downpipe/exhaust to get those bolts off faster, the engine setup on my car some of the bolts you have 1/2" turning radius on a wrench so it took 10+min for one bolt when i was helping my buddy do his downpipe.

100 ft/lb is pretty good for a ratchet or simple nut driving.

if you want a cordless impact you’re going to want 200 ft/lb or so. Otherwise your going to be swapping batteries every 3rd lug nut / chassis bolt / etc.

And it’ll certainly be more then $100.

e.g.:
http://www.toolbarn.com/category/192-cordless-impact/

This type of tool is one of the best tools I’ve used on all of my projects. I have since left air tools as it’s too much of a bitch with the cord. There really aren’t too many bolts under the hood that I can’t handle with mine, for $100 this is definitely worth it. Even works great for many suspension components, and with a full charge will remove lug nuts with ease.

haha 111 ft lbs is NOTHING… it wont take off any lugnuts or anything that isnt a virgin bolt… and then why wouldnt you just use a hand tool…

:cool:

i might go with Toolbarn.com

for an extra $80 its 360ft-lbs

yea, but do you have THIS one? or a nice snap on one? there is a huge differance

111 ft lbs is like putting 10 lbs of force on an 11" long rachet… that aint shit.

k, i’ll look more into the ingersol ones then.

how was your weekend in philly btw?

much better. That’ll actually get you somewhere.

NO BATTERY. make sure you price the battery and charger for that ingersol rand impact

While it’s much better, you only get the tool (no bat or charger) at that price. I’ve been eying up a cordless impact for awhile now but unless you spend 200 plus you aren’t getting shit.

Really? I don’t recall you being around any time I’ve been working in my garage to tell me what it works on.

I don’t have that one. I have a lesser modeal as I picked it up at Pep Boys for $90 as a test since I was doubtful about it. 3 years later I still use it religiously. It’s 24V, compared to the 18V posted…but still cheaper and up to the task. Sure, I grab the breaker every so often…but it’s easy as hell to move about the car with this thing.

http://toolmonger.com/2007/07/17/dealmonger-good-year-racing-24v-impact-wrench-for-70/

Keep hating, but this thing works.

EDIT: here’s a little blurb someone did comparing the $90 Goodyear 24v impact to a nicer $400 18V Snap On

http://f150online.com/forums/lightning/241233-cordless-impact-gun-test-24v-goodyear-79-vs-18v-snap-400-a.html

If I didn’t know better I would say Newman sounds like one of those guys that waaaaay over tightens stuff. lol

800 foot lbs?!?!? for what a 6" dia. bolt? lol

100 should easily remove lug nuts. I tighten mine to 90.

Have you ever worked on anything corroded before? I have a 5" long 1/4" drive ratchet that i can easily put 30lbs of force on… i should be able to get my lugnuts off with that no problem. :picard:

i dont drive my car when it rains, below 60degrees or during winter. there is not any rust whatsoever on my car, and after i bought it i spent about 2weeks taking off every bolt and lubing it; torquing everything to factory spec.

aaaachhhheewwww

I have the goodyear 24V. It is actually pretty good, I use it all the time.

faggt eric

i think jays allergic to bullshit , n didnt i see you driving yesterday ?