Diamond Earrings

Well, I have been dating my girlfriend for almost a year now and this is our first Christmas together. I was thinking about getting her a nice pair of diamond earrings, but I don’t know where to begin. Its been a while since I bought jewelry. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go, what weight to get, etc? I have no clue. I want to buy her something nice, but really don’t think I need to spend over $1000 since I am getting her a few other things also. Any ideas where to start? Thanks :bigok:

diamond earings are lame. get her some nice designer earrings from Tiffanys.

necklace or bracelet.

First you have to pick a carat weight that’ll look nice on here ears. BIgger than 1/2ct look stupid on my wife for example. After that, the price will be dictated by clarity as expected. Last time I looked 1/3ct were somewhere around $300 or so, so 1/2ct should be nearing 5hundy.

Tiffany is baller shit… Every girl wants Tiffany’s

Very true!

Unfortunately, like so many other things, it’s terribly overpriced. Keep in mind that most jewelers work in the area of 800% markup. I have a few close friends in the jewelry business in Sq.Hill.

all jewelery is over priced, but in my experience Tiffanys stuff actually lasts and continues to look good.

That’s what I meant, all jewelry. Tiffany’s is on the upper end of the scale though, I will agree with that.

Ok guys… im not getting married here… nice stuff at Tiffany’s is easily 2k and up. Plus I already got her one of those gay cheap charms she wanted a while ago from Tiffany’s its sitting in my room waiting for Christmas, so she is getting something from Tiffany’s already.

The only reason I wanted to get her some nice earrings is because she has some cheap ass fake earrings she always wears and I think its gay, if you gonna wear jewelry, it better be real diamonds. A tennis bracelet would be nice also… any other ideas…

Tiffanys is a fucking JOKE…no way.
A nice pair of earrings would be really nice… Check out the clark building they have a ton of deals… i just got an email for FROST Jewelers huge diamond earring sale… get a decent pair and i would say a nice diamond bracelet… i got one last year and i cant stop wearing it…
Pay attention to what jewerly she wears the most…

:gold digger: :wink:

yeah, im confused… here is a nice set from kay, the bracelet and the necklace , but its white and pink gold with little diamonds.

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|110692201|15064|15064.15123

either that, or just a big diamond bracelet, or a pair of earings… ahhhhh this is so confusing!! :doh:

She is a pretty simple girl, doesn’t wear much diamonds, but maybe thats because no one bought any for her :dunno:

X2…Tiffany’s is for wannabe yuppies…people who love to say I have a TIFFANY’S ____. Way overpriced to have the bragging factor.

I bought my wife’s ring at frost and they have good prices and awesome customer service. I would start there and see what they have to offer…but keep in mind if you want something nice it aint gonna be cheap.

I already bought her one of those Tiffanys charms… so she should be content in that area.

If she is simple go with the earrings… as you get to know her more you will know what she likes…
a diamond bracelet for someone that is not into that could just be uncomfortable about wearing it and then its a complete waste…

see… I knew I thought about earrings for some reason… :slight_smile: I could / should just ask her, but what fun is that? Right?

Right dont ask her that just ruins everything… the surprise is the best!

Just remember this: Any diamond you buy her now, will need to be replaced and increased exponentially in size when/if you get engaged, and whatever anniversaries after the fact. :hahano:

I would never spend that much money on something that’s so easy to lose.