Engagement Rings

Alex/Looksexys2000…if you blow my spot in the Slavic community, I will key your S2K :lol

I know some of you here are married or are currently engaged.

Question(s):

• Is clarity a big deal? My research suggests I should look for a ring with at least SL1 or SL2 rating for clarity (“slightly included”) but most rings online (and in stores - that I’ve later found online) are L1 and L2 (included). I looked at one at Belden in X-Gates yesterday that was L1/L2 and it looked fine to me. Will most people not be able to tell the difference unless using a microscope? If not, I don’t give a crap bout clarity then :lol.

• Color. Again, should I be on the hunt for something specific. Most of them are H, J, etc. which on the color chart says, “nearly colorless”. Haven’t seen too many yellow ones.

Any suggestions/tips? Anyone you suggest I check out? I’m going to look at a few more places…and I’m still a few months out from popping the question.

first off on the research for diamonds go to www.bluenile.com

you can get some great info as to what should be more important, plus if you wanted to, you could buy the diamond right from them and it comes with a certification.

when you buy the ring, the diamond is the most expensive part and most often the thing with the highest mark up. do your research online and buy online if you would like, it will save you money to buy the stone online and then bring it to the jeweler to set in into a ring you like.

it seems so far you have a good idea as to what your looking at, i would suggest you spend some time hoping around www.bulenile.com and learn just a little more and do some research on pricing. buying a ring is like buy a car, you can negotiate

I just found that site :lol. Definitely seems like I can get a better deal from them…even on the whole thing (you can build your ring). Better color and clarity ratings for only a couple hundred more.

yea the internet for a ring like this is the way to go. i got lucky with mine and was able to get my diamonds from my mothers older wedding rings so i could use them to create a new ring.

really it’s just a matter of knowing what your looking at, and knowing what your buying, and making sure it’s correct by having it certified

Yeah, I still got time. But I guess by getting online you can’t really negotiate…

but looking online lets you negotiate if you want to do this local

Just go to Price Chopper and keep putting quarters in the ring machine (usually next to the bouncy ball machine and Homies machine, above the gum and Runts machines) until you get one you like.

Congrats!!!

Picked this up as a wedding gift for ya behalf of shift ;).

First of all its sI not sL lol… Second of all, if you dont want cracks (inclusions) or ni99er heads (black carbon spots) in your diamonds you want a good quality stone… S11 or better is what you want, vvs or vs would be better. Color should be a G-H color at the worst… Will look 100% white to the average joe, anything better is just more money for nothing imo…

Hit me up if you have an idea of what you want, I’ve got 3 dozen wedding rings I could show you and I promise to be 1/4 what you pay in the jewelry store… I know as I sell my diamonds to jewelery stores and they add 75% to the price tag of the diamond lol

Go to Hannoush. Dont go anywhere else. Thank me later.

Don’t go to the mall and don’t pay full price

Go to Loveforboost. See what hes got, its at least worth the look. Hes a good dude.

this will also guarantee you a slap in the face. Says so on the machine. Just went to a seminar on buying diamonds etc on the cruise. Depending on the size of the ring you want the price verys. For example you want a 1ct if you put it down to .95 ct the price will go down also don’t want the spots a diamond that has more edges to reflect light off of won’t show flaws as easily. Good luck!

Go to Hannoush if you like MY diamonds for 75% mark up lol… Ive sold both eli and albert tons of diamonds

Cut, Color and Clarity are very import. More important than the size.

Bluenile is the best site for getting a good deal on what you want in your budget and getting the exact ring you want and have in mind.

Bluenile.com is the best wholesale site out there and many jewelers base their prices off diamonds from that site(plus the jewelers markup of couse).

Go see loveforboost for sure and see what he’s got. He will treat you right.

WTB: Rock with ni99er heads.

:rofl

i know ray blesser personally. i dont shop anywhere but northeastern fine jewelry.