New Designer Engagement Ring 1.5k

Like most things I decide to sell I end up throwing up a NYSpeed thread for, I have been trying to hold onto this for a while but really do not believe it will be used any time soon. I had this designed and made while I was living in Florida still and separated from the girl I was planning to marry.

It is just under 1kw center marquise. G in color which is closest to colorless possible. I1 clarity which is perfect to the naked eye. The setting is a custom 6 point white gold setting that assists the tiered look of the center stone. The band is 14k white gold with set in stones adding another .5kw, they are not in channels and can be seen from all sides. The pictures by no means do the ring justice as you cannot pic up the sparkling with the camera. The ring is truly one to be shown off and for girls always flaunting their rings like who has the bigger ____. Can definately do so with this.

I’m asking $2500 which is worth the center stone alone.

813 817 O141[ATTACH=CONFIG]24202[/ATTACH]

diamonds are like cars - the moment you purchase them they immediately drop in value.

The myth that they will appreciate is perpetuated by the jewelers, as is the entire engagement ring fiasco (DeBeers invented and then marketed the tradition in the 1930s, and then artificially controlled supply to drive up the value of diamonds).

Yeah I’m well aware the hit im taking on it lol -_-

It’s hard to tell by the picture, but is the center made up of one or two marquis? Also, G color is very good but D, E and F still grade higher and are closer to colorless.

Looks like 2 stones in the middle, if not, that’s a nightmare of a cut for a stone. Agreed on the color, G is good. (My wife’s is a VS1/F)

Not a bad price, and GLWS!

Thanks, yeah bad pic, its 1 single stone in the center, G is the closest to colorless you can get, anything before it in the alphabet is considered colorless

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Just added in another picture

[LEFT]i1 is the lowest clarity you can get in a diamond. this means inclusions visible to the naked eye[/LEFT]

False… I3 is the lowest…

close enough still a poo poo diamond

I1 isn’t the worst but inclusions can definitely be seen with the naked eye. Unless you meant SI1?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

This.

Im assuming everyone commenting on clarity scale has been engaged before haha

Bring it too my boy at Ross and sons Jewelers on transit road I’m sure he would make you a good offer, he returns from vacation this sat.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Oh god no. I am in the industry though.

this applies to me. lol

just because one person rates the clarity doesn’t mean it will be the exact same opinion of another appraiser, thats the problem with buying/selling diamonds values are all based on opinion

on a side note you should really take some nicer pictures and throw it up on craigslist and ebay

while you certainly don’t want to overpay for a low-grade diamond, I wouldn’t put too much weight on all of the different C’s. It’s not worth stressing over it as long as the diamond doesn’t look shitty to the naked eye sitting next to other diamonds.

Was the grading done independently or did the person you bought it from just tell you that’s what it was? If you’re interested in having it inspected before you sell it feel free to PM me.

usually GIA certifications are spot on. The ones you have to worry about is IGI and EGL.

Exactly. If it was done by the GIA then there’s not really much room for opinion.

most good diamonds will come with a GIA certification