Diesel Sports Car

No it’s not the R8 V12 TDI

But its an Audi and it gets 44 mpg
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/26/audi-announces-the-44mpg-tt-2-0-tdi-quattro/

blah

love it, now put that same motor in the A4

I cannot wait until diesel starts taking over the car scene.
they are managing 44mpg with AWD? or is this TT FWD?

it is in other countries, the New A3 diesel should be killer though

170hp != sports car.

They got the right idea though.

since when does HP equal a sports car
maybe HP to weight ratio but a stand alone HP rating?

So much diesel stuff they don’t sell in the US. If you could buy a diesel Hilux here I’d be on it like stink on a monkey.

I like diesels but I really don’t want a dpf and I’m definitely not buying urea. If there is a good way to get around the additive I may buy a Dodge PU with the Cummins v8 in two years.

I love the idea of more diesel vehicles but I guess I’d have to drive one to be sold on it in a fun car. this combo doesn’t scream ‘sports car’ to me considering that the 3.2 tt does 0-60 in something like 6 sec.

AWD. They mentioned delivering all that torque to all four wheels would make it feel quick everywhere.

Id rock that thing, Im sure its easy enough to get more power out of it and with 44mpg you have some room to work with. You can make it pretty quick and still get killer mileage. win win

It blows my mind that we still don’t have diesel options half as advanced as the rest of the world.

You know this is an Audi TT right? Fat, slow, pig.

I’m pretty sure my truck gets to 60 faster.

I don’t doubt it.
but this probably get 4 times the gas mileage.

It would be a fun car to drive and im sure you can always turn up the boost.

I understand where you’re coming from. I only quoted you because it was easier than the article. I hate TTs.

Boost would be fun… but the rest of the car won’t be able to handle it.

Its about 3x the mileage… I also benefit from teh diesel.