differential question

lock thread please

anyone input is appreciated…

i put a open diff cover on a s14 diff.
it can be done.
s13 open diff cover on a s14. im almost 100% i used the open diff cover, cause if i had a s13 vlsd i would have just used that lmao

yea u can use the s13 open diff or s13 vlsd.

the only difference is the vlsd cover holds more fluid

u will also need the 2 bolts for the front of the diff. the s13 ones are too short

ok, thanks guys. i have one more question. the bolt holes on the s14 vlsd are quite larger than the holes on the s13 open diff. what do i do about this? im guessing it wont fit properly the way it is lol. pics would really help. thanks guys

s13 open diff

s14 vlsd

I believe that’s what Pantaloon’s may have been referring to man.

thats the reason why i have a s13 welded diff, there is spacers that go between the diff and bolts, i guess to stop vibration…im sure you can pick up the spacer thingy’s at the stealership… anyways mine riped threw and broke off then my diff was hanging on the rear sway bar, hence my welded diff now. lol
anyways make sure you get the s14 bolts for those 2 holes also…as they don’t look much bigger, but what bigger they are will make it fit proper.

edit
im sure if you get a washer that will fit over the spacer/diff hole and still be able to use the s14 diff to sub frame bolt it will help alot, probably would have saved me a tow from Scarborough to Brampton when my girlfriend broke mine lmaooooooo!

im lost… the s14 holes are like 10 times the size of the s13 holes. what do i say i need when i call the dealership?

it missing the bushings thats why

ill link the part number hold up

now there is a reason why i called it a Stealership hahaha
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=55401-00001&Category_Code=
your gunna need 21,20,19 lol
168.00 from them…unless you find used

i suggest you try to find these elsewhere lool.

thanks for all the help guys…what about the actual bolts? what size are they?

17mm and they go to a point at the end. s14 compared to s13 the s14 are about close to a inch longer, i had 2 here but i cant remember where i put em…sorry.

lock