S14 LSD into S13

My VLSD arrived today and apparently it is from an S14 judging by its markings.

The cover is different I hear, so will be non-lsd S13 cover fit? Some sites are saying I need the VLSD output shafts. The shafts are 3 spoke 6 bolt, and IIRC so are the ones on my S13.
Are the VLSD shafts a different length?

Also, do I need to get some different bushings for the front? Something about S14s using a bushing and S13s are just metal to metal on the subframe…

Is it possible/pratical to just swap the internals of the diff into my S13?

You got a differential without output shafts? I hope you got an amazing deal, I remember when I had one, almost impossible to find them. The shafts are different. In fact, you only need the one to fully engage the VLSD. I bought the lower bushing for my S14 VLSD, they are like 20 bucks a piece. The bolts are about 80mm long and M12 threading I believe.

As for swapping, if you don’t have the half shafts, its still going to be a waste of time as it will be open-diff again. If you do have the half shafts, then it probably is possibly, the shimming probably won’t be perfect like it should be, because I believe each differential is shimmed to the proper spec for maximum tooth-tooth engagement.

I used an S14 diff for years. You will need to swap covers. Any S13 cover will do. VLSD output shafts are different lengths. The driveshafts are the same. The propshaft is an inch shorter, but not a problem. You will need longer bolts and use something for a large washer to cover the bushing. I believe some 240sx guys got around to making inserts to replace the bushings on the S14 diff. It is possible to swap the lsd guts.

Thanks for the info. I made an error in my post. I meant it didnt come with the half shaft/axles whatever you wanna call them. It came with the output shafts tho.

Two tire fire!