JDM S14 VSLD Swapped into 89' S13 Open Diff

hey guys, just wondering what I need if I want to swap in a JDM s14 vlsd into my 89’ S13, replacing the open diff.

& what would be more suited? JDM S14 - 3.9final gear ratio / NonJdm S14 - 4.11final gear ratio

Thanks.

no answers? I thought I’d get a good quick one on diffs from Dan/OSAD :stuck_out_tongue:

you need the front S14 bushings and bolts (the 2 bolts near the drive shaft) and you need to swap on an S13 rear cover, everything else just bolts up.

Can I use the s13 rear cover that I currently have on my open diff?

You can use the s13 open diff cover on the s14 diff but it will hold less oil make sure u get a liquid gasket or a actual paper gasket, fyi liquid gasket is better, and you will need the bushing’s and the bolts for the front of the s14 diff, brand new those will cost a shit load so hopefully you have those, and depending on whether the s14 diff is abs or non abs like ur s13 diff you’ll need a driveshaft, to find out if u do before you start look at the part that the driveshaft connects too, if that section is an inch longer then ur diff is abs, and u need abs s13 driveshaft. Hope that helps.

oh yeah and if a 4.11 final gear actual fits in that diff and you can do it properly with all the clearaences i would do it, because it will give u better acceleration.

thanks for the info guys.