Digital camera repair

My camera slipped out of my pocket when I hopped out of the truck and now has a “lense error” It looks to be perfectly fine with no dents scratches or broken parts. No rattles inside either.

Is there someone locally that can repair something like this if I send it home?

Anyone?

The only place that I have in mind is Ritz

<b>RITZ CAMERA CENTER</b>

Is this your business?  [Claim your profile](http://company.angieslist.com/?cid=AL)
                             1 CROSSGATES MALL RD

Albany, NY 12203
(518) 464-2891
www.ritzcamera.com

<b>Services:</b> [Camera Repair](http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/albany/camera-repair.htm)

Cities Served: Albany - Downtown

Maybe these guys?

Camera Works

5.0 stars 

1 Rating Be the first to review

Your Rating

(518) 782-1503
166 Sparrowbush Rd # 5, Latham, NY 121

And finally this reply on a random forum

"

The [COLOR=#960000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]best [/FONT][FONT=inherit ! important]place[/FONT][/color] locally is:

Cameraworks
166 Sparrowbush Road
Suite 5
Latham, NY 12110
518-782-1503

Their shop hours are wed-fri 9am-5pm… the guys there are great…
"

Edit: Same phone number as in second listing. Try those two places, worth a shot.

thanks. I already had the wife contact camera works, they wanted more than the value of the camera to even look at it. Flat rate.

I’ll have her contact ritz.

How old is the camera?

Still under manufacturer warranty?

I dont think the warranty covers dropping it.

I did this once when I was on the Great Wall of China (yes you read that correctly. Foreign exchange student) to my point and shoot. Lens error. Ritz fixed it but I don’t remember the price.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Ritz in Crossgates just closed like a week ago I think

Unless its a more expsensive DSLR, probably not worth getting it fixed, like most consumer electronics

Most cameras come with a one year warranty, which usually is not too hard to get them to honor. (The actual camera brand company) Otherwise I totally agree;

Cameras are so cheap for a decent one now, probably better option to get a new one.

My story is still better

I really don’t want to believe this. I don’t see how it could be an expensive fix.

Most people don’t, but the age of repair shops is slowing fading away in every part of the consumer market. I don’t know of any local shops anymore that repair camers, Ritz was the only one I knew of and they are closed down… No surprise there. Most places that are still in buisnes are still on the higher flat rate side (talking about any repair shop) because they need to be to stay open.

Chances are you going to have to send it out, but like anything since you’ve gotten that camera… newer, better, less expensive ones have come out and you mine as well jsut get something new. I’d honestly be suprised if you saved more then 50 bucks sending it in to get fixed vs buying a new one thats probably worlds better.

My TV was about 2200 when I bought it… A new PDP panel for it is around 1200 bucks

I can right now go buy one of the new samsung models that replaced mine, or the panasonic that has better specs and image quality than mine for about 1800-2000

Now if I replaced the PDP panel myself, would it be worth it? Yeah maybe if I wanted to save 600 bucks and have an obselete model. I’d rather just spend that 600 and get the latest and greatest. Chances are if I brought it into a repair shop they would charge me a few hundred bucks to replace it in which case its most deff not worth it

Send it to the manufacturer.

Yes he can try this as well

One of our point and shoots lens would not come out of the body, they wanted like $100 to fix it, the camera was like 180 new… just bought a new one

Buy a camera like it at walmart. return broken camera :rofl

Thats not a bad idea :rofl:rofl