Digital Cameras

I currently have a Cannon 5MP camera…takes wicked pics…however I am looking for a camera that I can do some photography with…that has wicked optical zoom…maybe can attach a zoom lens…any ideas or recommendations?

Inb4Onyx

i just play around with my s50…i still need to learn all of the fuctions… onyx is the man you wanna talk to about this stuff. he knows his shit

most any digital SLR. I have a Rebel and love it. It’s almost 2 years old now and i wouldn’t consider it outdated it.

Look to spend over $1K for it though, mine was $1200+ w/ everything when i bought mine.

How many MP and whats the optical zoom?

6.3Mp and the Kit lense is 18mm-55mm. You can interchange lenses.

I have a cannon A610 (5MP, 4x optical) that is a kick ass point and shoot, plus there are good options for it, like an underwater case or attachable zoom and wide angle lenses. If you want something for serious photography and serious money, get an SLR as mentioned. I’ve heard good things about Cannon EOS. We just hired FCI photography for my wedding, who seems to be the best in buffalo. They use Cannon EOS something or other.

moved to huge nerd forum :slight_smile:

Thanks, now I can relply to it :slight_smile:

So anyway, what do you consider a real good optical zoom and what would you be shooting that you would need a crazy good zoom? Will the object be stationary or moving? Some are better than others at doing different things. Like others have said, it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

If you find a cam that you’re interested in, look it up on this site : http://www.dpreview.com/ :tup:

:pimp:went to best buy today,Nikon has some nice once…sorry im a bit figged…toooo much wine…they ghave nice cammmmeras…

If you buy a D-SLR the zoom is whatever you make it. You can use a 28mm-45mm lens for day to day shooting, or put a crazy 800mm telephoto zoom lens on it. Whats you’re price range? The Nikon D50 and D70, The Canon Rebel xt, and the Minolta Maxx5D and Maxx7D are all real good D-SLR’s right around the $1000 range that all have 6-8 MP.

Yeah, Im lookin with $1000 range for the camera

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7739

this set up will suite your needs quite good…

Good link homie, but I am looking for a Phota camera, ot a video camera…