Dinner Question...

I know there is a thread about places to eat in the 518 but I don’t have time to go through 19 pages.

Anyway today wife and I are celebrating our 1st anniversary. So I am trying to find a good place (not chain) to get dinner, it does not have to be pricey if the food is worth it. I would like to keep it under $100. And no Japanese/Sushi places.

Let me know what you guys think!

While I haven’t been there myself I heard nothing but good things about Delmonicos Italian Steakhouse on central ave by 87.

I would suggest Canali’s in Rotterdam. Wayne and I both love the food here. Homemade Italian pasta! The atmosphere isn’t anything to rave about, but the food is delicious! We usually do our “special” date nights there.

http://www.canalisrestaurant.com/

OH and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Angelo’s 677 Prime or Apertivo in Schenectady which is also owned by Angelo.

Mezza Note’ an Italian restaurant on Western ave just East of 155 is good. You are going to spend every bit of your $100 though, and check to see if they are open on Monday’s
I know you said no Japanese, but a Hibachi table at Hanna is always a good time. Especially if you have a few people with you

Happy Anniversary buddy!!!

Thanks for the options so far!

Trace: We were thinking about Canalis, we’ve been there once and it was excellent, that might be our choice, but I am being picky because I want a place with a good selection of beer to choose from and they don’t have many choices! LOL

Other place I was thinking was The Pump Station.

+1 for Pump station

Go to the Bier Abby on Union street.

Good food and awesome selection of craft beer

i heard this yesterday from a friends mother , and i reccomend moscatellos , its over by joe bruno stadium .

For future ref (Still sticking with the original suggestion of Canali’s):

Starting tonight (9/10), MezzaNotte Ristorante in Guilderland, previously open Tuesday through Saturday, will be open for dinner on Monday as well and is offering any pasta dish on its menu for half price on Mondays.

Call 689-4433 for reservations. MezzaNotte is located at 2026 Western Ave.

Canali’s is closed on Mondays FYI

you can’t get 2 meals at prime for under 100

morattas in schdy, on union street, next to beer abbey

Prime Bar and Grill (at Clifton Park Hilton Garden Inn) or Angelo’s Tavolo (at Glen Sanders Mansion) would be more fitting for the price and atmosphere.

All owned by Angelo. My current work deals with all his places. Youre not eating at 677 Prime for $100 or less.

i hear we ended up chosing joes crab shack, is this true? if so… you are winning

Haha yup, went there was told it would be an hour and 10 min wait…30 min later we were sitting already. No joke the food was really good, had the Sam Adams Steampot. Delicious.

Lambardos down in the hood of Albany amazing food even better old school Italian atmosphere for next year haha

Longfellows in Saratoga

Thats actually one of our favorite restaurants to eat at! But it gets pricey there, we never leave there under $100.