DIRECT BUY store??????????????

I have seen pros and cons about DIRECT BUY on the web.
Is anyone on here(or your parents) a member?
Does anyone on here work there or know anyone that works there?
I am trying to learn more about this place from someone local.
For example what are the local member fees?
Thanks.

What I’ve heard, and researched, 90% of the people that sign up end up regretting it. Their sign up practices sure don’t inspire any confidence (force you to sign up the first time you come in for a sitdown, and if you don’t you get blacklisted and can’t sign up ever).

My bro and his g/f tried it when they were remolding there house. Was a few g’s to sign up. The g/f’s father is a GC and has his own construction company so he went in on it with them because he builds houses and sells them. He figured what the hell if he can save some cash. After some pricing on stuff he found that he can get the same deals or better with his contacts already. So after a few weeks they got out of it because it wasn’t worth it.

They do pressure you to sign up at the first sit down meeting. You don’t get “black listed” if you don’t do it right away, they waited a good two weeks before they signed up for it. For the average person who is building a house I can see it being worth it if they don’t have any contacts in the business and have to buy everything retail. That is were you will save money. The selection of stuff you can buy is pretty huge and the savings for the average person is good.

All I know is they sponsored my buddies families race cars this past year.

http://edumacation.com/DirectBuy

When a company keeps changing it’s name because of lawsuits… I tend to stay away.

Take if from someone that works on “the other side of the fence”.

If you’re GC-ing your own house, just put your hustling boots on when it comes to buying things, you’ll get just as far.

X…

My moms husband is a hot shot, he said he spent over 4000 on the membership, which is good for ten years, then after ten years you pay something like 200 dollars which converts it into a lifetime membership.

I thumbed through the catalog he showed me, its alot of high end stuff, no cheap stuff at all in there. The prices are good if your used to paying retail at someplace like raymore and flannigan, etc.

The quality is actually above raymore’s and ashley furniture, etc.

He plans on building a house and ordering everything out of that catalog, but I’ll beleive it when i see it.

scam

I totally agree^ doing your homework on “Quality products” to buy and comparison shopping will probably result in better.

Jeller

QFT.