Directv HD Satellite Dish

My parents bought the Directv HD dish but when the installer came to mount it claimed our house can’t pickup the HD satellites so they are selling it for what they have into it.

$105 picked up in Hornell (14843)

Included slimline dish, all cabling that came with it, etc.

I can’t find a model number except for the following:
DIRECTV MULTI SATELLITE KA/KU LNB 99, 101,103 W RECEPTION
Compatible with all Slimline Dish Antennas
DIRECTV SL3PIG-Z Lot No: 0109

Not parting any of the pieces must sell all. Can get pictures if needed.

Was it a supervisor that came out? Tell them to call for a second opinion. Never know when you might have a new tech out or someone trying to skip out on a more difficult job.

That’s part of my job actually. Making sure any rescheduled/ canceled work order has been rescheduled or canceled for a good reason. If it still can’t go in, have them call Dish Network. We use different satellites/orbitals.

Edit: Maybe one of the DTV dudes here can help. I don’t know how far east they cover though and I believe most are based out of Buffalo.

We’ve always had a hard time even with normal satellite because our house backs to a very large hill. We’ve had to cut down trees in order to get the reception we currently have.

I already asked em if they wanted somebody else to come out but they are over it. We have Time Warner for the main cable at my parents, the dish is only used for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

So they just decided to sell it for the cost of the dish (or even a minor loss if somebody snatches it up quickly)

Justin, where ya at? if he can’t use it, can I?

If you get reception on the satellite for SD you will 100% get the HD too. Not sure of the tech that came out there, but they were wrong. And your parents never should have been charged for the dish. We supply them for free.

Yeah I know those slim line dish elevation is jacked really high. That’s why I was surprised to read this post in the first post.

If somebody wants to come to Hornell and fix it for them and prove the original tech wrong by all means please do and I’ll send them the address.

Otherwise it’s still a for sale thread as they are already over it. OBO.

Just trying to help! Good luck with the sale!

No problem thanks!