Directv

Buffalo HD locals went on yesterday. Only one thats not there is CBS, owned by LIN who refuse to let dtv show HD.

Need 5 lnb dish and hr20-700 mpeg 4 reciever.
Im going to miss my Tivo, hopefully i can get used to DTVs pvr.

We are set-up for the mad rush of calls for upgrades right now. We brought in extra installers from all over the company to help out with the heavy work load we will have, as soon as everyone realizes we have the locals in HD.

You don’t NEED the HR20. I have the H20 and I got the HD locals yesterday. Sucks about CBS though. I was really hoping to get rid of my rabbit ears for good.

you need a mpeg4 reciever, or locals wont come in, i have the hr-10 250 and its not mpeg4 so locals wont work.

so any mpeg 4 reciever will work, i just went with the 20

yeah i got a guy coming out tommorow to do mine, should be simple, all lines are run and i already have the dish.

so where does this leave somebody with a non-dvr HD reciever, I thik its an H10? HAve to pay to upgrade the receiver? How much is that? I think the dish is 5 lnb.

If you have an h10 you probably don’t have a 5 lnb dish.

i didnt have to pay a dime. lol just call dtv retention and tell them ur leaving for cable, ive been with them for so long, i get free shit all the time.

www.dbstalk.com if u have any questions

sounds like the way to go…the dish is only 3 lnb too.