Dirt2 pc wtf

SO i just bought dirt 2 off of steam and everytime i start the game it seams fine then it goes black…Idk what i should do i spent 40 bucks on this da game and now i cant use it…any info would be ausome thanks guys!

Your video card can handle it? Do you have the latest drivers? Any overheating issues?

do you meet the minimum requirements

Steam is garbage, I had trouble with another game doing the same thing.

Found this for you with a quick google search.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1051668&page=4

Idk its a gateway laptop and its almost brand new maby 4 monthes old.

No idea prob?

Yea i just read thru the whole thing and no one has a for sure fix and most of them are really complex and I suck with computers.

lol dave if you need help ill come over and check it out.

awh sweet what you doin tomorrow before 12 or after 9?

I would have to guess you do not meet the minimum requirements especially with a gateway notebook. If you have the one im thinking of (only reason you stating 4 months old) you would be barley hitting the minimum on everything other than video card, and the video card of the notebook is not going to run this game. I just checked the minimum and any onboard video is going to be a no no unless you have an xps or alienware notebook which you have already stated you dont.

This reminds me when i had a tandy “computer” and bought a flight sim game that I was not able to run due to not enough of anything. Havn’t made that mistake again in the past 18 years. Only good thing is that i was able to return the game back then.

Delete, reinstall the game on steam. If it does the same thing again than it’s because you aren’t meeting min. req’s. Probably have an integrated video card that isn’t going to run most games, and any game well with more pimp graphics than solitaire.

shit lol