discuss this car..

http://derfotohof.net/autos/wrx/mercedes-benz_190_evo.jpg

too bad only 502 were made and none of them were imported to the US. sex of a car though.

Yeah. Anyone got some good specs on it?

Theres better choices out there, whats your wallet like?

The Mercedes-Benz Evolution engine was, in 1990, the biggest 4 cylinder engine that you could find on the market with the BMW and Porsche engine. This powerful 4 cylinder was build “in house” by Mercedes-Benz themeselves, without the help of any tuners. (Only the DTM engine was modified by AMG) This Mercedes-Benz engine is a 2463cc with 16 valves producing 235hp @ 7200rpm. The most impressive fact is that, this motor is a N/A one which means it produces 235 hp without the help of any turbochargers or “kompressor”.

4 cyl. 235hp… in 1990… poop on s2000’s which could only make 5 more hp 10 years later.

there is…but… i Don’t want an expensive car. I have an 06 gti right now and a 03 r6.

I’m looking to get rid of the gti…buy a 1/2 ton pickup and maybe one of these cars?

hmmm, well if you can get if for next to nothing like sub 2,500 it would be worth it to tinker with I guess. Go buy one from the south, anything that old that from around here is a rust bucket unless someone didnt drive it in the salt.

I would look for a e36 m3 with high mileage maybe? How about a UR quattro?

The evo’s sound like a sick car! Wish they were here.

BS. The engines had heads that were designed by Cosworth.

s2000 has 240 hp and revs to 9 grand.

These spun to 7k. :slight_smile:

I’m not going to bother with nit picking everything in this thread. Let me sum it up easily for you (and this is from a german car fan).

Cost of Benz parts + 80’s german wiring/reliability + virtually no aftermarket worth speaking of for the W201 = a complete waste of money unless you want to do everything custom as a project car.

It’s in the shape of a box, and that’s all I need to know to love it. :slight_smile:

pretty sure I just saw one for sale on tampas craigslist for lik 3kish in need of paint badly

just an fyi, i’m coming back up there march first and would be willing to drive if you paid for gas and like $100
if I don’t end up buying/bringing this back with me
http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/273390993.html

Holy shit that is good condition for anywhere near that mileage.

interior is still in outstanding condition too, seems like a decent daily for buffalo

first of all…the evo 2’s engine is much better than an s2000 because it can achive that HP at 2K rpms less than the s2k.

I wouldn’t be modding this car much at all… a highly strung 4cyl is hard to get more hp out off unless I would do some internal work.
IF i purchased the 2.3-16 I would put nice wheels on…clean up the body a bit…coil overs and an exhaust and call it a day and have a nice DD to cruise around.

I’d like to go overboard and do forced induction or maybe a stroker kit with some ITB’s or something…but i’d like it to be reliable.
I absolutly love these cars (the 2.3-16v…not the diesel) and although I am going to suffer a 80hp loss from my current car, I believe it will be a fun car.

It’s boxy, it’s 80, it’s you’d better buy it.

Parents had a 300e I liked it. It was a good car. Nice driving too.

Ding ding, we have a winner!

190 Turbo Diesels are so hot, but I really can’t see you driving one, Tyler.