what would you rather...

So… I’m stuck between these two cars… If I did come down to buying one…which is not a sure thing…i’m not sure exactly which one is the best…

http://www.mercedes-damien.com/images/les%20voitures/vieilles%20mercedes/190%20E2.3-16%201984.jpg

I really like these cars…they come with about 165HP 2.3 litre cosworth engine.
I like the looks more than the m3…and it’s a 4 door. I can find a high milage one for much cheaper than the m3…

http://www.bcw3design.com/m3/m3images_temp/e30_2.jpg

the pluses with the bmw is there were a lot more made…more of an aftermarket and I beleive cheaper parts and they come with 200hp… I don’t like the styling as much though and they are impossible to find for under 10 grand.

I’d really like to stay under the 10 grand mark

what Do you guys think?
I am open for many suggestions agian… i’d really like to stay under the 10 g mark.

m3

Why not a E36 325?

More power than the 190 and the same wieght.
Cheaper than the M3, and slightly more availible parts.

You’re looking for old, rare, german cars for under 10 grand? I take it this won’t be your DD and you don’t exactly have cash flow issues?

Anyhow… I’m partial to the E30 M3. I don’t know anything about the Benz but the look doesn’t do anything for me. :gotme:

E30 M3

What motor is in the M3? I am more of a 4 door kinda guy, but i do like the look of the M3.

s14, 2.3L 16v putting out ~200hp? 4.10 LSD

an e30 m3 is my fucking dream car…

an M3 is going to run you 15k anyway you look at it. If you buy one for less, its going to need whatever the difference in price is put into it.

Not only that, but they are a bitch to maintain, you need to get the valves adjusted every 5-10k (i forget the actual intervals, but they are short), the motors blow all the time because they are basically a race motor.

Seriously the M3 would never make a good daily.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this car, but I could never build one with the stock s14.

i guess I don’t have an entierly good answer to that,besides the fact that I want an older (e30 or the 190E) because its so much more of a drivers car and less comfy then that of a e36.
I know i haven’t driven either but just by reading about them I know what I want.
I want a really RAW feeling car… if that helps…

and to the daily driver comment? I hate when people say that…I’ve seen plenty of e30’s and older 190’s that people drive daily? I won’t drive her in the winter obv…

Understandable, so if you are considering the 190E then why not a 325 E30?

190E:
167 hp @ 5800 rpm
162 ft-lbs @ 4750 rpm
3010 lbs

325:
168 hp @ 5800 rpm
164 ft-lbs @ 4300 rpm
2810 lbs

I have always thought the //Ms carry a premium that can be easly be made up with basic mods for the price difference of a 325.

:word: +1

neither.

buy a new one.

E30 M3s dont go for cheap, everyone likes them

High demand, low production

= still pricey like dozer said, expect to pay at least 15k for something roadworthy

If you want old, unique, and german I would check out Urquattros. They can be had for under 10gs in decent condition. Definately sweeet, I want one.

http://www.audiclassiche.net/html/foto/urquattro-ric-04.jpg

what happened to the cummins turbo ram

another pic, badass

http://www.audiclassiche.net/html/foto/urquattro-ric-03.jpg

are those audis even in the US?

I found a nice urs4 for around 7 grand…good shape…180K miles though.

Straight 5 will run forever.

However, if you are stuck on an e30, I’d buy a e30 325, and you can find one swapped and super clean for 10K

m3.

then put a sweet jdm motor in it.

Sure, I know a kid who has one in Hamburg. Not too easy to find though, but thats why its unique…

I can tell you lots about Urs4s, 180k is a ton of miles, but if the owner has really kept up with maintenance I would consider buying it. Chances are that it needs alot of work and is not worth 7K. Owning mine has been ok, parts are reasonable, and the car was nicely modded. It still needs some work to get it to where I want it, but its nice daily especially in the snow.

did the urs4’s come with a 10v or a 20v?