discuss this car..

http://www.190revolution.net/prem/itgb/images/IMG_0755.jpg

Discuss…
I have been researching these cars for quite some time now… let me know what you guys think…

BTW: it’s a '86 190 2.3-16.
In other words a 2.3 litre 16V producing about 165 HP.
They imported about 2,000 of thse cars to the US.

I love the 190E, almost bought one a few years ago. But I wouldnt keep any of the engines they came with in the US. Waste of time and money, yes, even the 2.3 16v.

i think ive seen it in my miami vice season one dvds…haha…but i think its a pretty hot car…dated…but still hot

:tup: I like it. Alot. And I don’t care about the engine. It produces more hp than my car, so I can’t talk shit.

It would probably end up costing you more than its worth.

Jeller

It’s a good looking car, but after owning a few new cars I think you’re going to be seriously let down when you drive one. A lot has changed for the better since 1986.

That 1 is really nice, most of the others are just crappy looking. I havent seen a decent 1 around WNY that I can remember…

Needs the 2.5 engine. mmm cosworth goodness.

there was one for sale in rochester on craigslist great condition for something like 2500

BS. The W201 was the second last of the very German Mercedes. Today’s MBs feel like Toyotas in comparison.

I have fallen in love with this car over the past few months…and If I sell the gti I won’t have a car payment which is awesome.
I just have always wanted an older german car…it was this or a e30 m3… prefferbly with the 4 cyl.
I know it is not a quick car, but It will be fun to drive and it will feel very connected to the road…

as opposed to WHATOTHER cars?

I don’t think there is a car out there (minus a few greats) that cost less than they are worth… :stuck_out_tongue:

reminds me of east LA in the late 80’s.

buy this, buy that RB30 FS, and do competing nissan swaps with newman

You’re going to drive it year round? Ew.

um… and your thinking about this benz because?

i mean, i understand you wont find a clean e30 m3 for under 12k, but how much could you pick up one of these benz’s for?

no way.

190e 2.3 16 vs 190d 2.5t

price: Advantage D
parts: Advantage D
fuel economy: Advantage D
reliability: Advantage D
looks: Advantage E
balla: not since 89
powa:167 vs 122 HP Advantage E TQ Advantage D
plate: RARBNZ vs F-EXXON

what he said

a lot less than that.

I am not looking to buy a fast car or anythuing… i just want something different.
I like the benz styling much better anyways.
agian. this is not for sure… I am looking for a truck 1st. then I’ll see what I have left over and maybe if one of these are around I’ll look into buying one.

its an old benz