Discussion: Brake Boosting

Fine it helps. Technically. :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, most of you guys roll racing donā€™t need to do it. Spend the time tuning the car. Save your trannies. Just my opinion, but nobody listens to me anyway :shrug:

iā€™ll wait to get my car back on the road, then iā€™ll try it outā€¦and post something useful on hereā€¦

While I fully agree about building your car, tuning your car to accomplish this task (or compensate for it) brake boosting will always help. It will always give you an edge, in some cases more significant than others. Replacing your turbo with a better designed turbo, and properly tuning it will help it spool faster, however there will always be a delay, the delay will just vary depending on your setupā€¦

edit: and i also understand your position on this thread because the basis is pretty much ā€œis it worth it to brake boostā€ but that question is loaded. Is it worth it?:

Yes: if you value winning thee race more than the potential cost of replacing parts :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW - Brake boosting is a way around the wastegateā€¦ no turbo, unless its useless, will be able to spool instantly.

Brake boosting = only done in races that you need an extra edge

I brakeboosted a couple times and I felt as though my car wanted to blow up.

Or, maybe it is just because itā€™s a DSMā€¦

but it felt like worse than normal lol

I wouldnā€™t recommend bbā€™ing a lot on a big turbo lol

lolā€¦ your brakes/clutch would not like 15psi of constant boostā€¦ especially if your doing ~40mphā€¦ heat soakā€¦ along with other issues would make it troublesome.

thatā€™ll beā€¦never

:eekdance:

im ready for another discussionā€¦apparently i graduated from speeder jr. to speeder!
bring em on and ill give really good input
^^ not likely

Did you just post how your car was back on the road? :shrug:

yea, broke it the next day.

no, it was out for a week, and now he has fuel pump problemsā€¦ but he bought a new fuel pumpā€¦ and now its broke? Not that I care, cause Iā€™m still faster :stuck_out_tongue:

lol wowā€¦i love itā€¦

first off, what is K Cuv talking about? how it is not likely that itā€™ll be on the roadā€¦

people really dont know what theyā€™re talking aboutā€¦Jack came the closestā€¦

it was/is on the road, was fun for a day or two, then then 15 year old, 94k miles NA fuel pump started to act upā€¦something i totally anticipated, which is why i ordered a newer TT fuel pump the day i got it on the roadā€¦i just didnā€™t think i would need it that quick, having read on several Z32 forums that the NA pump is good for up to 10 or 11 psiā€¦so i shoulda gotten away with it for a while, but noā€¦it started to go right away, so until the new one arrives, which was sposed to be today, but USPS sucks balls and itā€™s going to be lateā€¦but anyway, until it arrives, i am CHOOSING not to drive the carā€¦i can get it started and drive it around, but why risk any further damage when i dont absolutely need it for daily driving?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

If You have to make that choiceā€¦ :slight_smile:

my 14 yr old fuel pump still worksā€¦ even after 125,000 milesā€¦

at least this thread made it basically to page three before going off topic :bloated:

Back to brake boostingā€¦

brake boosting is over. What else is there to discuss? It got to the point where we had finished arguing that it was effective in every turbo applicationā€¦ and that it was harmful no matter how well built your POS was.

yes but yours was made for twin turbo carsā€¦mine was notā€¦

okā€¦NOW back to brake boostingā€¦

Good point. Discussion over :slight_smile: