Dish Network/Verizon FIOS people... sorry, no Sabres HD for you

http://www.buffalonews.com/337/story/813310.html

Two other services that carry Sabres games - Dish Network and Verizon FiOS - only carry MSG’s standard definition or SD. FiOS has filed a “program access” complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to try and get the games from MSG’s owner, Cablevision, in HD.

I know we’ve got a couple Dish employees on here. Heard any news about this?

I feel like HD would just make me notice more little things they do wrong and get me more pissed off at the organization/coaching

:lol:

I could have sworn we used to have msg HD on fios?

related topic, i think MSG uses cell phones to do their standard definition broadcast. they have by far the WORST quality video i have seen.

its on par with cbc

+1 I see clips from local high school games on TV that look better.

I don’t know it seems like the away games, especially the islanders always look like hockey from the 80s.

That’s probably due to how shitty their arena is. I always have a problem it seems with the florida teams, the ice is always way too bright, it reminds me of looking at snow on a sunny day.

LOL BULLSHIT. If it was a company you didn’t have loyalty to, you would be bashing them for not having HD. C’MON.

Actually I don’t watch hockey until the playoffs. So I never see it on MSG anyway.

:slight_smile:

I actually have and am satisfied with Time Warner now :eek: for phone and internet. Apparently everything outside the TV service they’re known for is quite good.

Most of the companies screw you from behind, Time Warner does it right to your face for the most part.

MSG HD and the Sabres HD feeds are separate channels. The Sabres channel of 700 only works for home games, maybe some away this year? Not sure. In either case, there’s never been a game where I see or hear the whole thing as there is always an issue in the broadcast.

CBC has looked clearer as of late, and HNIC can be seen in HD on the NHL Network channel. :slight_smile:

I haven’t heard shit.

Eventually it’ll happen. One day it’ll just pop on. Dish normally doesn’t do press releases on local programming changes.

Is the game on fios tonight even in standard def? I can’t find it anywhere in the guide except on NHL center ice, which you have to pay for, right?

Dish employee checking in…and, uh…we still have VS available in SD and HD…

edit:

Just re-read the OP…MSG i can’t find in HD…hmmm…i’ll post as i get updates.

I don’t see it anywhere in my guide either (Directv)

Well it looks like its on the center ice package, and they are giving free preview from the 1st to the 20th, so maybe they didn’t bother to put it on anywhere else?

Channel 452 on Dish, Canadians @ Sabres.

Atleast you guys have FIOS access, still stuck with SHIT Time Warner in Rochester.