disisions..

ok so heres the deal, i have a t25 thats spitting oil. im up grading to a top mount manifold anyways… should i just replace the seal? the turbo has zerooo shaft play.

or should i go with a t28? and is it a huge difference in power ban?

basically whats the difference between t25 and t28 power bans and spooling.

would it be worth while to swap now or later on down the road??

and finally where could i find the t25 oil seal?

It’s entirely up to you. I’d go T28 while everything’s dismantled, it’s less of a hassle than having to rip everything apart afterward. Like they say, do it once, do it right. Go with the setup that you’d be the most pleased with. You’re on the right track so far…the T28 will give you slightly better power throughout the range (depending on the spec of T28 you go with anyway). Spooling wise, there isn’t much difference from T25/28, I find the 28 spools just a little later than the T25, but the duration of boost is slightly longer with a T28, not much, but enough. If you’re keen on the T28 setup, I say go for it. Make sure that if you go with a GT-series turbo of any sort at a higher boost level, that you start making fuel provisions so as to not lean out etc, you know the whole drill…make power, but make sure the supporting mods are there.

I’m assuming the T25 is the OEM turbo. If it is, you should be able to grab a seal from Nissan (there may be a little bit of a wait, shouldn’t be major). When you go to Nissan, make sure to bring them the exact part # for the seal. If not, I think your best bet is to call Garrett and ask them. You could also bring it to a local shop to get rebuilt, since the seals are gone, it’s probably wise to have it rebuilt just to avoid any future problems.

My opinion is that you should stick with the T28 setup though. But like I said, it’s your choice. Hope this helps!

Mark

Go T-28, or keep it parked, drive your damn truck, and save for a GT28RS or 2871… No sense in replacing it with another ancient T25 that’s just gonna conk out again…

And it’s decision, retard.

uhhh a T28 top mount??? wtf lol

What a waste!

thanks arc thats what i wanted to know.

pete, i am driving my truck and i got a t28 priced at 310 plus 75 for shipping so i think thats my best bet…

and a top mount a waste?? whys this? its free so i can ither trow out a free mani and use the stock one or put it on, what would you do?

i think ill go for it, why not if anything i could always sell it for more than i bought it for lol.

I love T28 so i say get it.

Are you positive that top mount mani is T2 flanged?

^^ Werd…

And ok, so it’s free… You’ll still have to fab up a new turbo elbow/dp combo to make it line up with the rest of the exhaust system, or buy one… there’s money right there.

no thats included aswell. all i need is the lines, and i got those made a couple weeks back for 20 bucks, with outlets for oil pressure and PSI but im not 100% if thats going to be accurate or not…

no biggie if its not i make a new flange.