T28 vs. T25

so yeah,

chris just set the timing properly on my car and i been driving it around for the last couple days.

major difference from before is the BB T28 and ceramic coated manifold as opposed ot stock manifold and T25.

used to run 11 psi, now running 9 psi for now.

what i notice right off the bat is that they both spool around 3200 - 3500 but the T25 spooled harder earlier then sorta felt like it was giving out up after 6000.

the T28 onthe other hand spools just a hair later but doesnt really boogey until about 4000. the difference is that it just keeps on boosting until up at 7000 and i ran outta balls there.

first impressions, i certainly prefer taking it easy on the engine, i barely ever revved over 6000 just because im afraid of breaking the thing.

not used to revving so hard so high, but it certianly makes more power.

who else did this upgrade?

what turbo and what were your impressions.

240sx is the only turbo car ive ever driven and so this is only the second turbo i’ve had.

It’s Neat .!

and its so much better than a CA or a KA-T (except jantos’s because he is soopeR)

Are you S15 T28 or S14 T28 ??

(glad to see you up and running)

S14 T28,

but they are essentially the same anyways

this was confirmed with part numbers actually.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9562&highlight=s15

better than a ka-t?

pshh.

It’s still only a t2 series turbo.

Glad to see you like it though. Good upgrade for an sr for sure.

if ure t25 works well, and is setup right…its much more fun for the street and for circuit then a t28 cuz the torque comes wayyyy sooner…ask anyone who had a t28, and raced my stock t25 s13…However, after 150…the t28 does have a lil more balls…

what he said. i raced him.

peak hp is all that matters.

in my bro’s 1.8T with a k03 which is the size of a fist torque / boost is instantaneous. But so what? It runs out of breath like the t25 up top.

go big or go home.

I loved my T28 anyway, it has a good balance between response and power, but she gave up on me before i gave up on her.

to be honest i am not a big fan of huge torque numbers. I’d rather go faster than spinning the tires.

however, big tq + hi rev = hi HP Hahhahahaaa

yeah i am going to have to side with Varun initially…

i may get used to this and start to prefer it but right now i think i would recommend someting like a GT25R to peoples.

but then again, maybe i should up the boost and do some top speed highway battloos… that shit is bananas.

also Phil, SR is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KA

KA-T>SR by far.

ur ghey… uber ghey

i’ve been in both your cars…

nice for sure, very good KA-T’s, but they dont touch a solid SR… sorry gents.

lets get a day and all hit TMP or something together.

When does it close – I’d love too but I’m out of commission for about 5-6 weeks

Bing you know I’m always down for ripping on 14second SR’s

hey man i know you will beat me this year , well i hope u will at least, and to that sir i tip my hat , but the dirty ka-t wont go down without a fight , the weekend shes out of impound bro, we’ll line it up at the track, me and you , i have the feeling you will be pleasently surprised 8)

No doubt they’re fast. I’ve been in Adam Hutchison’s car at the track a few years back. I haven’t been in a lot of KA-Ts. I want to ride in Janto’s car when I get a chance.

I went with the SR anyway, why? Maybe because of the nice smooth power delivery? Safe and reliable power? Yes.

Experimentation? Yes. One of the first S14 SRs in Canada.

KA>SR in terms of displacement and ultimately power but… the SR is more civilized.

Faster? It’s equal to the amount of money you have.

And after all the money I put into my car, it is still not running right. Blame uncle benny. & CP.

ummmm yeah I’m ghetto so it is a lot of money to me but not to others i guess???

civilized sucks, raw power is where its at, the sr’s are no doubt pretty fast, but in the end to each his own, everyone has there own opinion on the two turbos the t25 and the t28, personally i think both suck

i would personally like to see a td06H 20g on an sr and see what it does

It does wonders. A bit laggy IMO, but still, a sick turbo.

i love the logic,

Bing’s SR ran a 14.0 over a year ago with a stock turbo, stock boost, and a stock cat the first time he ever drove on the track.

so now 14 months later with a bigger turbo, more boost, test pipe, and other mods it should still be in the 14’s…

unless there is serious driver error my car should be running mid to low 13’s which is what yours runs too isnt it?

anyways, i wouldnt rag on your KA-T anyways, its one of the nicest 4 KA-t’s in the province. in that four i include in no particular ranking: Adam hutchinson’s, adam jantos’, phil’s old KA-T, and Ken Lageraec’s.

On my Ca18 I upgraded from a ca t25 to a s15 t28, its a world of difference.
Boost does come a bit later, but once it kicks in keeps pulling hard until redline unlike the stock t25 did.