[ATTACH=CONFIG]21432[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21431[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21433[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21434[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21435[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21436[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21437[/ATTACH]

In for updates on any LAFENGAS project.

I will add this to the list of things I want once I own a place.

Looks fucking awesome, great job dude!

gas line run underground with this shut-off valve timer for both the pit and the grill:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21438[/ATTACH]

How big is the actual fire hole? Looks kind of small but I think it may just be the perspective in the pics. Looks great either way

the fire hole is 27" x 9"

I didn’t want it being too big. It’s scaled for the patio and i want to add a built-in grill in the future.

What mastic / thinset did you use to secure the tile to the cement board?

What is that place renting for these days?

Very cool… :tup:

nice work Josh

Shut off timer FTW. I have left my grill on and burned an entire tank. :frowning:

Looks great, as usual, so don’t let my comment seem too nitpicky.

It seems like its not asymmetrical enough. It almost seems to be in the grey area where it looks sort of awkward… Like the longer side needs to be longer… Or is that going to change when you add in the grill?

Nice, but your first concept was cooler:

https://youtu.be/OL_VUh4gzIk

I like it. How hard would a water feature fire pit be? I saw it once and think it would be cool for a backyard. Maybe not in WNY but just curious on your thoughts.

looks great!

I believe the official metric of fire hole size is a Lohan

lol

worked a 3 year lease for $1900/mo + utilities.

I just used a poly blend thin set. this will have a cover for it made so I shouldn’t have to worry about the freeze/thaw.

to be honest, i screwed up. The current dimensions of the top are 48"x18". I originally drew up top to be 60"x24" and scaled it down because I wasn’t sure if Home Depot carried melamine board in stock any larger than 48"x24". (because i’m only in town for a short period of time, i needed to execute quickly). I had printed the drawings for the base and never scaled it down. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize this until long after it was welded. The concept was that one side was supposed to cantilever out about 12" over one side and be much more asymmetrical.

The nice thing is I can easily do the concrete top again with minimal effort. The base and tiling took all the work.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

It would be pretty easy, I considered it, but because my current tenants are seasonal, I don’t want to rely on them for any type of maintenance and having to winterize it.

Very cool as usual. How did the “live, dream, love” in the one end turn out? I dont see a finished pic of that, or did you scrap that before the pour?

:tup:

Dan