DMCC Driftmania Toronto 2009

Hey, I know I’m not here much, but a few of you met me at the meet at downsview a few months back, but anyways with DMCC coming I post info/directions in a few forums to spread the word, this is just C&Ped from another forum I posted this in, but ya I’m sure most of you know but just wanted to spread the word.

DMCC time coming up people, like last year the best way to be informed on how to get there is joining my FB group here >> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6220186509#/event.php?eid=31584803622&ref=ts

But for those of you thats dont have that as an option I’ll do my best to update this.

What it is: In short DMCC is a drift league in Canada and I make a thread every year about my local event to spread the word to people in and around my city.

Where is it: It is at Keele and Shepperd located at Downsview park(instructions on how to get there outlined below).

How much is it: Round 4 (Toronto) ticket prices are still TBD but based on the other events its looking like $10-$15 for day one and $20 for day 2 this will be updated when I know the Toronto event cost.

When it is: things start on Sat August 15th and then there is day 2 on Sunday Aug 16th, I’m unsure of exact times, but it will be updated with more exact info when I get it.

Directions

(note these maps outline what happened at DMCC07, while it will be in the same area, the layout will most likely change but directions to the tract still apply.

maps of the area, and TTC info.

http://i27.tinypic.com/oj1i08.jpg

Directions to Downsview Park
(taken from http://www.pdp.ca/en/index.cfm"]http://www.pdp.ca/en/index.cfm )

Instructions: TTC Bus

From the Downsview TTC subway station take the 101 Parc Downsview Park bus which takes you into Downsview Park (effective May 11, 2009, for the summer season) The 101 Parc Downsview Park bus summer seasonal service runs every 20 minutes from Downsview TTC subway station between 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. weekends and holidays. Or you can take the 84 Sheppard West (Westbound) bus from the Downsview TTC subway station and ask the driver to let you off at the Downsview Park entrance, just before Keele Street. Walk into the park entrance and follow John Drury Drive until you reach Carl Hall Road. Turn left at Carl Hall Road and you will see our 35 Carl Hall Road office building on your right side.

Instructions: Driving from Keele and Sheppard

At the Intersection of Keele Street and Sheppard turn east onto Sheppard Avenue. The first set of lights you encounter will be Sheppard and John Drury Drive - the main entrance to the park. Follow John Drury Drive into the park to the three-way stop. Turn left onto Carl Hall Road. PDP’s main offices are in the second building on the right.

If you would like to go to the Toronto Aerospace Museum or the Hangar Sports Complex continue along Carl Hall Road across the railroad tracks. The museum is on the right and the Hangar is just a right turn away around the corner from the TAM building.

Instructions from Pearson International Airport

Take Highway 409 to Highway 401 East and exit at Keele Street. Take Keele Street North to Sheppard Avenue and turn right. The entrance to the park is one block east at John Drury Drive. Follow John Drury Drive into the park to the three-way stop. Turn left onto Carl Hall Road. PDP’s main offices are in the second building on the right.

If you would like to go to the Toronto Aerospace Museum or the Hangar Sports Complex continue along Carl Hall Road across the railroad tracks. The museum is on the right and the Hangar is just a right turn away around the corner from the TAM building.

Instructions from Allen Road

From Allen Road/Dufferin Street at Sheppard Avenue turn west onto Sheppard Avenue and proceed to John Drury Drive (the entrance to the park) and turn left into the park.

At the 3-way stop turn left onto Carl Hall Road. PDP’s main offices are in the second building on the right. If you would like to go to the Toronto Aerospace Museum or the Hangar Sports Complex continue along Carl Hall Road across the railroad tracks. The museum is on the right and the Hangar is just a right turn away around the corner from the TAM building.

(and for a dumbed down version of the TTC directions this is what I posted last year)

I went down to downsview park today for everybody going by TTC, get the train to Downsview station, from there take the 101 bus and look for a big downsview park sign on the left side of the bus, its a very short bus ride, try and use my maps and remember them or print them to get an idea as to where to get off, this will be the last time this is updated likely til early aug since all that really remains to be said is the trip prep.

and thats it for now, hope some of you make it…but i know a few of you are showing. Will be updated at a later date.

from the last map, it looks like its going to be a similar track setup to what it was 2 years ago…

That map was made before DMCC 08 so all I had to go on was DMCC 07s set up (1st event I was at) I have no clue about track layout for this year.

Small edit forgot date.

you know that DMCC has their own section here on SON for which to post these things?

Are you affiliated with DMCC?

Are you in any way affiliated with DMCC on a professional level?

Sorry no I wasn’t aware, as you can see I’m fairly new to the forum, and wanted to post here since when I was at the downsview SON meet there seemed to be a few people who were not aware of DMCC, and no I’m not affiliated with DMCC, I’m simply a fan who wants to spread the word since frankly it was a great few days for me in 07 and subsequently in 08, sorry if I caused any issues, wasn’t my intentions guys.

no worries.

i know they are looking for volunteers for the event at downsview so you may want to get in touch with kendrick about that if you want to help out.

I was considering it, but I’m going to be doing photography for one of the drivers this year, so that’s going to be my main concern really, and not only that but this day is somewhat a weekend event for me and my buddies. Thanks for giving me a heads up but photography is going to be my main concern for the 2 days.

We all know this…how about some info on the pro am rules ??

I can see what I can find

Drift Ops will be working on DMCC for the Driver’s Search this year. I will have much much more details coming up this weekend!

Anything you need to know about DMCC rules you should be able to download and read here.

http://www.driftmania.ca/drivers/driver_docs.shtml