do i need a camber kit

i just ordered a set of tein springs they will be here in about a week, and i wondered can i get away with not getting a camber kit or will i have to get one? Will i have bad camber with the S type springs. thanks any help would be great
Brent

For the front you can probably get away with it but the back is more of a concern, you will be wearing out tires twice as fast. A set of adjustable RUCA’s will fix you up though. (Rear Upper Camber Arm)

For the front you can pick up a pair of camber bolts for like $30-50, or use 4 if you want even more adjustability.

And like Theo said, RUCA’s for the rear.

actually, the RUCA’s won’t be able to correct the rear camber that much unless you also get the adjustable rear toe links… When I did my alignment, I told the guy to correct my camber to about -0.5degrees, but he said it wasn’t possible, since my rear toe link isn’t adjustable and if he corrects the camber, the toe in the back will be way out of spec…

I did my alignment at Wheel & Tire Zone, which is a respectable place… I’m sure they know what they are talking about :slight_smile:

he can get his camber set properly with a Whiteline Bushing kit, they offset the location of the hole to offset the camber…combined with the stock camber bolt,t his should solve his problem…or just buy ruca’s

grind and slot, grind and slot

http://www.240sx.org/links/installs/camber/camber.html

hope this helps you

I have the whiteline camber kit for an s13 if you are looking, Ill get ride of it for a good price and it will work well for how much the springs you are going to lower it. let me know

if they are tein s-techs, doesn’t lower enough to really mess up your camber on the front or rear. I got decent tire wear with them when I had springs and shocks. I would recommend that you get a set of decent shocks, such has kyb agx’s to run those springs, they have decent spring rate and will likely be sorta crappy on stock shocks. Dampening won’t be there.

Good luck,

Andrew.

S13 or S14?

S13

Tein S.Tech
Front = 3.2 kg/mm | 179 lb/in
Rear = 2.9 kg/mm | 162 lb/in

Those are barely over stock

S14s

Tein S.Tech
Front = 4.8 kg/mm | 269 lb/in
Rear = 4.4 kg/mm | 246 lb/in

Either or, decent stock dampers will take that.

So do you guys think i will need anything with the Tein s tech springs that is the ones that i ordered. can i get away with out them i if i get an alinment will it make a difference. if not how hard is it to pop out the rear bushings to put the adjustable ones in that you talked about…also anyone have pics of a S13 on Tein springs… im curious of the drop how noticable it will be…
Brent

I used to have s-techs, they barely lowered the car, not that noticable…

but its a nice ride though, if combined with proper shocks.

Right now with sportlines and KYB’s my rears are maxed at -1.5 degrees, I think in the spring, I might just go with the whiteline bushings, they correct .75 degrees, which would leave me @ -.75 which isn’t too bad, but we’ll see, I happen to change my mind alot, so I might just get all adjustable arms for the rear.