Dodge Demon

Dodge bringing back the Demon to be above the Hellcat in power.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said today it plans to bring back the Dodge Demon, a muscle car from the 1970s, with an engine that kicks out even more horsepower than the Charger and Challenger Hellcat models.The automaker said it will reveal the Dodge Challenger Demon SRT at the New York International Auto Show.
FCA’s decision to launch an ultra-powerful Demon comes at a time when most automakers are talking about self-driving cars and electric cars and illustrates how the Auburn Hills automaker, especially with its Dodge brand, is not afraid to sell screaming power.
“Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture,” said Tim Kuniskis, FCA’s head of passenger car brands. “The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation.”

• Updated - - -

I guess if the question is will Chrysler just keep throwing horsepower at the problem of old heavy platforms, the answer is yes.

I guess not enough people want to spend $70K for a Challenger so they just keep throwing names at them to make them seem “fresh”. It’s funny they took a name from an entry level A-body that never had anything to do with a Challenger. Lol.

Not to mention it’ll have 900+ hp

You sound like a vagina. Who gives a shit.

They haven’t had an issues selling Hellcats I assume this will move just as well.

They were selling hellcats for more than msrp. What the hell are you talking about? Who is this guy?

I’ve heard they are only selling 3,000. I’m trying my best to be one of those.

But will it turn? or hell, even stop?

The press release reveals the Demon is 200 pounds lighter than the standard Hellcat. It’s unclear where all that weight is coming from, but at nearly 4,500 pounds, the Challenger Hellcat could stand to go on a bit of a diet.

The video hints at adjustments to the wheels, steering, suspension, and brakes, as well as some modifications to the car’s interior. Don’t be surprised if the Demon is a bare bones stripper model with no back seat, no A/C, and no radio.

Stop being a baby.

Well the cat is out of the bag…

meow, each hood is different and one car doesn’t seem to have fender flares

Getting 315 drag radials from the factory

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36990&stc=1

Looks like the NT05R drag radials

Yep

Sweet Jesus.

I just read a post stating the demon is supposed to have the widest front tires on a production car… but why if it comes with drag radials. These cars they just go in 2 directions at the same time it seems.

EDIT poor Grammer, is this thing AWD, does it come with 4 drag radials?

#status

Bored? I fixed the Grammer for you though

It’s RWD…