Does anybody have T-mobile???

If you do, I need some help. I have an account with Cingular /AT&T but and I have a T-mobil phone that I need unlocked. I called T-Mobile and they said to find a friend with an account, and they can unlock it for free. If somebody will help me, I’ll buy lunch or throw $20 or something. Thanks

:banana

I dont think its actually locked. Motorola sells the phone to all providers, and they had something awhile back about phones being unlocked. Although, im not familar w/tmobile or at&t as im on sprint.

Did you try calling AT&T and seeing if they can activate it? All they may need to do, is an ESN swap to add it onto the network.

You can find your ESN # but entering ##786#. The RTN menu should show up, and then you choose option 1 View. If you scroll down, you should see your ESN. If thats the case they should be able to do it right over the phone w/you.

Oh, there’s also ##3282# for your Data Services menu. there may be something within there.

Edit: just checked this one on my phone (i have the MotoRazr v9m), and theres options for Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T networks.