Does anyone know any good dog breeders around here?

This.

I love my weimaraner to death and I would never trade him for the world. A year ago my wife and I rescued a beagle/shepard mix and she is the best dog in the world!

YES!

I actually hold a grudge against breeders, there are far too many dogs in shelters and in need of rescue/adoption all over the place in the first place. Breeders do it to make easy money and it just adds to the amount of homeless and mistreated dogs.

Samson is my only dog that WASN’T a rescue. The guy I got him from isn’t a breeder, per say, but he bred an ex-dame that he rescued with one of his boys. All the dogs got homes and are loved. As for my other dogs, I got 2 from the Saratoga County shelter and the other 2 I saved them directly from families that were going to be bringing them to the shelter. They all have such unique personalities from their different upbringing.

My parents breed Welsh and Prembroke Corgis. If you like them, I can get you their information.

My chihuahua rules, I don’t give a shit if he’s small.

you have the cutest dog ever! where did you get him?

Kansas :rofl

haha awwwww.

i hear Nick Alero is good at breading in general. produces phenominal offspring.

With a full coat of luscious fur

I looked at the thread title and LOL’d.
Cool story.

You gotta also think of how people are when they want specific breeds. Around here, almost 85-90% of the dogs in shelters are pits or pit mixes. Not everyone wants a dog like that due to their “reputation” (yes, I know it is bullshit as most of the sweetest dogs I know are pits) and how some landlords won’t allow them as well as home insurance companies. When I was shopping for home insurance, it asked if I owned a breed of dog from this list, and they were all dogs that have bad “reputations.” The list included German Shepherds, Pits, Dobermans, Rotties, and similar. It was bullshit.

When people are adopting a dog, they’re not just rescuing for the sake rescuing, they’re getting a companion. Some breeds are known for temperaments and behavior, shedding, etc. and some people do not want those attributes for their pet.

very easy to find 80% of breeds on adoption sites. you dont have to go to the shelter to rescue a dog.

before my pitbull fell into my lap, i was actually looking for ACD’s on petfinder.com and there were tons of them

pjb breeds, its his b-day, you may be able to get a good deal

i got my dog from a hippy lady out by oneonta, but i have a alaskan malamute, so yea not what your looking for

/pjb post.

not anymore … has been naired off =x

cute dog

two dogs is enough calm the fuck down with that shit

I have 5 – as much as I love them all, I wish I only had 1.

We got our pup from Good Shepard K9 Rescue. She came with all her shots, was spayed, chipped, and had all the paperwork to go with her. She’s about 30 lbs which is prolly too big for you but they had a good selection of small dogs when we were looking.
http://capital.net/~tisi/
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/Picture13-1.png