Doesn't someone here work at the DMV?

Yup next of kin is a beautiful thing.

they audited me when i said i paid $4000 for a car that was worth according to them $12k RETAIL.

I don’t pay full price for cars. Ever. Most of my paperwork that looks fudged is totally legit. :lol

Wait, really? I thought they charged tax based on “book value?” I have my dads old car at my house lol

Yes they do, but if the vehicle is gifted from family then the price you paid is technically $0 so your tax is $0, but that only works for family gifting and I believe it needs to be immediate family if Im not mistaken.

Yup immediate family and the car has to be a gift. But who’s gonna know if you bought it from him then had them fill out the form stating it was a gift anyway?

Registering and titleing a new car has always been pretty easy for me. I go online ahead of time fill everything out, and it ends up being a 5 minute painfree process when I get there :number1

MINUS the sitting on a rock hard pine bench, with a #E430 ticket in your hand for 45 minutes, listening to crying baby’s, kids running around while the baby’s momma plays angry birds and the dady makes drug deals in the parking lot. Or the ever popular thug that threatens to jump the counter and beat your “cracka ass” becasue you wont give them their license test becasue they dont have all their identification and paper work they need and having the cops show up to straighten it out.

guess what DMV office i go to on my lunch break. :ninja

I just have to avoid days Dragon Lady works. I bring my own chair. DMV is a breeze.

:ahh

Sounds like Albany and their church Pews haha.

/\ we have a winner!

I try to go to Clifton Park DMV if possible! Usually pretty quick and you dont get all the city trash in there!

Yup CP is where it’s at! I can do most of my stuff here in the office in DT Albany but if I have to go into an actual office for some reason that’s where I go.

ok, just get the IID restriction off my license then… just kiding of course, clearly you’re a fine upstanding citizen

will never go anywhere else besides cp… Half the time when i walk in I go directly to one of the workers, no wait time at all.

CP got the MR2 plates real quick the past two yrs