Dog Owners inside... Dog Food Question/Poll

Question for all the dog owners on here… I know there’s a bunch…

What do you feed your dogs and why?

I started my dogs on Eukanuba Puppy… but just switched them to Blue Buffalo because I’ve been hearing so many good things about it and how much “healthier” it is for them… they seem to “like” it better than the Eukanuba though…

We always went Pro Plan. Dog was raised on the Growth one as a puppy and wouldn’t eat any other brand.

I tried the name brand shit … my dog would fart all the time and have the worst gas… went to the vet he told me it was the shit in the food and told me to go to the cheep shit… I did and no more gas or anything for my dog …Old-Roy FTW

Whoa… dogs can have a raw diet?!?

Thats fucking awesome

Science Diet

why not just switch it every month and see what food the dog likes the most…

BUT… make sure its during a time where you are very busy so the dogs stay in the house the most.

Alpo by Purina is what i feed my dog.

Diamond Pet Foods.

Nutro is decent, Diamond is fairly good, Innova is one of the better.

Just took a look at Blue Buffalo and the ingredient list is pretty good. Not much filler.

Most of the Larger name Brand foods are pretty unhealthy. Basically the same as eating McDonalds every day for a human.

innova is good but pricey. There is a dog food at alot of pet stores called “Chicken Soup for Dog lovers Soul” that is a great food, all pet forums and vets rave about it, Theres no biproduct and the ingredients are great.

Whatever they have at the grocery store I am shopping at.

I find it odd that people go to a sepperate store to buy a specialty dog food, then feed the dogs left overs after dinner. :bloated:

X…

BRB… I’ll ask Zong what he likes.

You should read the ingredients on the back of grocery store dog food

Blue Buffalo for our labs.

My dog never gets left overs, other than the occasional food my 2 year old drops.

they throw it for the dog not drop…lol

Eukanyuba Medium Breed Adult Maintence turned this little guy, shown the day we got him in 11/07

Into this monster shown last week. He was weighed at the vets on Election Day and is up to 123lbs. Still has about 40lbs to go. His dad was about 165lbs and the mother was 130lbs.

Yes, those are 42" tall pickets he is standing near

And here he is, doing what he loves most

closely followed by this second favorite activity

Another breeder we were considering going though for a Newf had her dogs on a raw diet and she felt that it contributed to the dogs living a longer lifespan and generally “healthier” A raw diet is a bigger commitment that most people are wiling to deal with, myself included. The breeder I got George from told us to not give him “puppy” food as it contributes to the body growin quicker then the skeleton. She has been breeding Newf’s since 1969 so I pretty much took her info as gospel.

^ We did Eukanuba at the breeders suggestion the first 3 years or so but then my dog started getting these repeat skin rashes. At the vets suggestion we tried changing foods and went with Science Diet for sensitive skin and he’s been fine since.

Ugggg, changing a dog’s food is just asking for instant diahrrea. George actually recently had a skin rash but it was atributed to a mite that he must have gotten from his digging escapades. Oddly enough, my parents changed their dog’s food one day all at once and he didn’t have any d-spray problems.

^ Yep, and we dealt with doggy diarrhea for about a week after changing his food. Knowing it would probably happen I kept the dog door open downstairs that leads to the garage and left the sliding glass door open so he could get to the back yard. Eventually he adjusted to it though.

Diamond