Pet ALERT! Jerky Treats

Just in case there are any dog (and cat) lovers out there that aren’t up to date with the news.

600 pet deaths, made in China treats.

Now, has anyone ever tried looking for treats not made in China? I tried this about a year ago, spent half an hour in the pet isle, and I think I found one made in the U.S.

Thanks for the warning. I feed my dog blue buffalo dog food and treats. According to the website everything is made in the USA.

Waggin’ Train has been recalled for some time now, It was last year that their chicken jerky treats were linked to killing dogs. I was in charge of removing and destroying all the product at Lowe’s when I worked there.

Were the treats tainted with defective drywall? Friggin China.

Scary shit, especially since they’re by same name brands. Ever since the last scare we don’t buy any generic treats no matter where they’re made and none from China either.

We we’re feeding our dog Blue Buffalo but she wasn’t really eating it (we found out she doesn’t really eat any dog food). We do give her Blue Buffalo treats though.

Generic? The top 3 selling brands in the US are on the list.

I know…that’s why the first part of my post mentioned that it was scary it was name brands…

I feed my dog immigrants, but who knows where the hell they come from.

Thanks for the heads up.

FYI, My wife bought the dog, Pup-Perroni for Xmas. I found out that it IS made in the USA, in fact Utah to be exact.

Just stick to bacon. Treat others how you want to be treated.

Beggin strips FTW.

Now how would there be enough for me then?

Cook 1 lb. Eat half. Give half to pet over several days. End up eating it all yourself anyway because there’s on demand bacon sitting around. But hey, you tried. sorry doggie.

There are plenty of US/Canadian made dog treats and food, they have been pretty easy to find here in Colorado, I would assume there are pet shops in WNY that sell the All natural/Grain free/high end products. 3 of the brands we have been using lately are www.primalpetfoods.com www.fruitablespetfood.com/ www.stellaandchewys.com Another way is subscribing to a service like Barkbox, you’ll get different All Natural treats/toys every month and has really helped us find things that are good for our dog as well as things he really enjoys.

I laughed

Just one of the many reasons I make sure I know where my pet food/treats are made and what goes into them.

• Updated - - -

What Pet Store… I avoid Petsmart they stock crap brands where its mostly china, Pet Supply plus is ok, my preferred place is Golden Tails. It is hard though, which is why I tend to pick up botique shop type treats for my pooch most of the time.

I dont know if they make any treats but Nestle has a purina plant here in Dunkirk.

What Pet Store… I avoid Petsmart they stock crap brands where its mostly china, Pet Supply plus is ok, my preferred place is Golden Tails. It is hard though, which is why I tend to pick up botique shop type treats for my pooch most of the time.

My girlfriend is pretty firm on not giving her dog things from China. She goes to Trader Joes for treats and I forgot the brand of dog food she gets that is also pretty . I forgot the name of it and it isn’t too much more expensive than some of the normal brands of dog food. For bones and stuff, she gets the $10 bags of rawhides from Wegmans which are also pretty basic and last a while.

She did mention it is always the chicken jerky ones that is in the news so I would think to stay away from that.