Done college, need a Job ASAP

Hey guys, the time has come for me to finally finish college and work full time.
I have a mechanical engineering technician diploma, and within 10 days i will have a technologists diploma also. I have done the whole monster.ca and workopolis.ca but im opening as many doors for myself as i can… If anyone has any friends or connections who can help me finding a decent job in this field please pm me or call me…
ANY help is much apreciated…thanks guys.

bings.ca is looking for sales reps… BIATCH!!!

on the real though, find something laid back without any take-home work.

make a bit less $$$ on the records and keep up your engine and parts biz.

that is the way to be for a while.

trying to work your way up in a big company is a waste of time.

why is trying to work your way up in a big company a waste of time?

Ya why??? That is what my uncle did and now he makes more money then most of us will ever make.

because you pay 50% in taxes when you enter the highest tax bracket.

it doesnt suit Varun’s personality or lifestyle taking BS from stupid people for XX years.

owning businesses will always be better than working for someone else who owns the business you are trying to work your way up through.

besides,

scholarship is conformist

meaning that genuine intelligence, innovation, ambition etc. are not what making your way up through the company requires.

in all corporate settings i have worked in the people that are the managers or the people who have seniority are thsoe that have been with the company the longest or who are best at “doing what they are told”. in other words, conforming.

any large entity, be it a company or school or what have you, cannot react favourably to dramatic change be it for better or worse. change has to be gradual and controlled.

in other words, long and bureacratic.

i too know people that have worked for the same company for many years and are content with it and making $100k a year or more.

but i tell you what, none of the dudes i met here were like that

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15382&highlight=teckademics

and i’ll be damned if it takes 30 years to earn a 6 figure income.

30 YEARS

think about that shit…

it would take you, working in the same environment longer than you have been alive up to date, 20 - 30 years before you earn the type of money we all want.

that is a bunch of ghey

my uncle is in his early 40"s and just took over for Conrad black on the board of directors on Hollenger and also the CRO.

he worked his way up a company then moves from one to another,

even after all his tax he is still making a coupple mill a way MIN.

Really I do not see anything wrong with that, and what do you know. he is still incharge of a large company.

Shit son. Go ask your uncle for a ferrari…wtf u doing still driving a 240? :smiley:

well obviously that is an exceptional case.

my uncle and my grand father both became millionaires and neither one ever had a job or formal education.

i guess both of those are exceptional cases actually… but whatever

there are lots of ways to get rich and no formula is true for all.

in my experience getting a job is not the answer.

jobs create dependence on jobs. i find that most people get a good job and then they coast.

to me that sucks bum

Bing you are right but partially…

The way I see it, you want to be someone’s bitch in the business
for a few years.

That way, you can accumulate some $, get some experience (not
technical but how the business runs) and then consider venturing off into
something independent.

I’m a computer programmer…I’d love to do something on my own but
where I am now, I love it. Not only am I improving my technical skills
but seenig how the operation works as well.

Unless you are gifted, I dunno about starting a business as the first
priority right outta college; espeically if your major isn’t business related.

My $0.02

true enough,

networking is key, that is probably one of the best parts of getting a job is meeting people who you can synergize with later on and bank bank bank.

but again, i still dont thnk Varun is best off getting a job.

This job i get will just be to keep me busy in the day time …Ill still be in the car parts game for sure…i will be running car parts every day from 4pm onwards…i aint outta this game yet, ive put in way to much hard work which hasnt paid of at all as yet !

rub and tug quality control

i applied for the rub and tug license to open one a while ago, i think im like 22nd on the list for missisauga…long way away.

i’ll bet you shoot right up that list if you put on your proposal that half your staff will be men.

not me though, but scotty says he’s down