Don't believe the critics... Just ordered my pair.

I used to run Pilot Powers on the Sumo, not really impressed or un-mpressed as I was just really getting used to a dirtbike on the street. Then I got Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pros on the Husky 510 which I love for warm pavement and grip superb, (enough to touch pegs). You have to run them a little soft on a motard as they are weighted for a heaver MotoGP-like bike but work well at about 25-27. Good-average ride time length but after 1000 miles they slide a lot… If you lay the thing down and they suck in rain. (yes I ride in the rain and it’s great!)

I rode a set of Conti TKC (80’s I think) on the 1150gs for a while, they were ok but tore a lil if you rode a lot in the chunky hard stuff. great on the pave for the first 1500 easy. Switched to Metzler Sahara’s and loved em. Sick grip and very responsive in the dirt as well as gravel and do not vibrate your balls off on the pavement. Rode Conti Trail Max’s to Oklahoma and back in 4 days (over 3000 miles) They held up ok but was 1-2mm left and flated out.

As for street bike riding I had a 97 Honda Nighthawk 1100xx with Bridgestone BT’s? It was the yr 2000 and I was more concerned with being a bad ass than to remember what tires I put on it or not to ride drunk. RIP Azrael