Don't have a nissan but I wish to

Hey guys,
Looking for some wise and helpful advise. I’m looking for a 240sx I have no clue about your motors or models of 240s since i’m coming from the land of hondas you know b16,f20,k20s now thats my lingo anywho I still have my honda a 06 civic si insurance is killing me since my past record (parents don’t give us cars when we are 17) so its in storage but I want a project car but my limit in spending is from 1000 to 3500. now I want turbo or if not want to go turbo in the future and 5 spd (seen a lot of autos but seems like the swap would be a big job). I don’t mind minor body work since I just started out in a body shop. now what should I look for in a 240 i.e. model, owner, in what type the body is in and motor. I will be a month or so till I get one since i’m trying to sell my 92 Jeep YJ not untill thats gone I can look for a 240.
Cheers,
Jorge

i say google s13 and a bunch of other stuff it may help understand it better then ask for opinions on diffrent models and stuff like tht. that is wut i did

make sure, if it is a s13 your thinkin about buying you know the places to check before you buy it. BEWARE…everyone here has the My First s13 was shit. i got ripped off sob story. its been covered plenty of times if u look for it you can find out all the bad places on thes13 and there is a post about s14 rite now in tech
goodluck. throwin some common motor codes, ka24e,ka24de,ka24(D)e-t,sr20det,rb20,fj20 and so on. the way nissans motor codes are in a case of sr20det. SR is the motor code, 20 is displacement,d is dual overhead cam, e is electronic fuel injection and t is turboooo. hope that gets you somewhat started

just like your previous cars you know about, just read read and read.

ok so your probly gonna be after an S13, basically S13 is the model code i guess, 89-94 = s13, 94-98 = s14, s15 only comes in japan as silvia, but anyways, i would say go for 91-94, altho i think 94 only came in vert, the 89-90 has a sohc, where 91+ has dohc, as well its got a vlsd, but if you want turbo than your probly gonna swap or rebuild the motor anyways,

good luck with the buy tho

BEWARE…everyone here has the My First s13 was shit. i got ripped off sob story.

Not me! my first 240 was the best decision ive ever made!!
but yea doo lots and lots of research… and then hope you dont get a shit S13, or get ripped off.!

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=322

Don’t get one if your looking to drive it in winter. Its the Winter Beater of Death, watch out for those left turns! RWD

Way back before the japs showed up everyone in North America drove RWD all year round. You just cant drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

the swap isnt a big job at alll its a days work if u have like 2 other guys helping you. goto wikipedia and type 240sx and ull find out all ur options on motors and ull get info on the car.

uhm if you get a 91+ with VLSD winter driving (provided you know how to drive) is pure bliss with proper winter tires…

thanks for the feedback so far everyones been really helpful