Don't have a nissan but I wish to

Hey guys,
Looking for some wise and helpful advise. I’m looking for a 240sx I have no clue about your motors or models of 240s since i’m coming from the land of hondas you know b16,f20,k20s now thats my lingo anywho I still have my honda a 06 civic si insurance is killing me since my past record (parents don’t give us cars when we are 17) so its in storage but I want a project car but my limit in spending is from 1000 to 3500. now I want turbo or if not want to go turbo in the future and 5 spd (seen a lot of autos but seems like the swap would be a big job). I don’t mind minor body work since I just started out in a body shop. now what should I look for in a 240 i.e. model, owner, in what type the body is in and motor. I will be a month or so till I get one since i’m trying to sell my 92 Jeep YJ not untill thats gone I can look for a 240.
Cheers,
Jorge

oh jeeze, thats alot of info.
first off, i dont think ANY 240sx came with turbos. that being said, you wont find one for under 3.5g’s.
most ppl sell 5spd on here or son240sx.
your best bet is to buy something over 2g’s, as anything under will likely have probs beyond your skill (rust holes, frame rails)

general rule, its better to get a 240 with a good body/crap motor, than a 240 with good motor/crap body.

as for motors, you’ll most likely get a CA18, or a KA24. If you’re lucky, a SR20. i think its the CA that comes SOHC or DOHC, not too sure about the KA.

depending on what you want (you mention boosting), you’d probably want a KA. Some ppl will say SR for high boost, blah blah blah.

do some research, you’ll find alot of what you need to know on this site. and take a look at the for sale section.

thats about all i know about the subject.
good luck and good hunting

nice choice of car to want to get.

for your price range you are most likley looking for an s13 (89-93/pop-up headlights) with probably the stock KA engine, … good luck with one with a CA18 in it for …not much people have them.

as for engine’s
there are pretty much 3 types
CA18DE-T - 1.8L, european 240sx has them (or as they call them over there 200sx) like i said not many people have that engine in there 240 it seems
KA24E , come in the 89-90 modle’s (aka pig nose) 2.4L SOHC
KA24DE, 91-93 twoforty’s. 2.4L DOHC
or if the owner did a swap it will probably have an
SR20DET, 2.0L turbo.

and for 5sp, ya most are 5sp manual.

just the basics of them lots lots lots more info out there about buying a 240s, check the classifieds and gl with getting one.

unless they have HICAS like mine! Then they’re a pain in the ass!