Don't look!

Watch Bowling for Columbine, I think that shows a fairly accurate reason as to why their murder rate is so high.

I’ve seen BFC. I know there are many factors in the US that contribute to their higher crime rates, but I still don’t think the death penalty has proved valuable.

Check this state-by-state comparison out.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=12&did=169

But even though we are seeing more murders than ever in the area, I don’t think its time to get scared or worried about our safety. Besides this last murder, there haven’t been many that were completely random. Even this one wasn’t totally ‘random.’ It all started over a lost/stolen cell phone.

Well, Albert Pierrepoint was Britain’s major last executioner, having executed some 450 people. Look at what he wrote upon his retirement:

“I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people…The trouble with the death penalty has always been that nobody wanted it for everybody, but everybody differed about who should get off.”

Capital punishment is pointless - as much as it costs, life imprisonment is a much better punishment because of what you CANNOT do.

A Cell Phone? I thought it was a bunch of guys got too stupid at a party, a group of guys (including Shane) kicked them out, they later came back with bats.

Yeah, the orginal problem started when one of the accused allegedly punched a Sh Pk guy in the face over a stolen/lost cell phone. They got kicked out. Everyone went to the front lawn. Cops were called because of the noise, everyone left. The Millwoods guys then came back.

Here’s what my friends told me.

“Oh well the guys were at david wells party, they were roudy so dave kicked them out, then called the cops later, and then the party died down to a few people the guys came to the door saying they forgot their cellphone, david and shane opened the door, they got bearmaced, dave managed to hide and call the cops, they hit shane in the head with a baseball bat, and beat up everyone. shane died at the hospita. but yeah thats pretty much it, 5 guys are gettin charged with 1st degree murder. yeahl”

“oh, well shane was the DD, and wasnt drinking and these kids from millwoods showed up at the door and shane answered, and they beat him with a bat and he has severe head injuries, and died the next day but apparently these kids came from other ppl, but they saw shane first, and well…killed him :frowning: he had nothing to do with anything.”

I’m so glad I didn’t go to that party. I’m sure I’d have gotten mixed up in this if I did.

Man… You hit it right on the head there!! I know when I was growing up, if I did something bad err… (if I got caught) doin’ something wrong. I got an ass whooping!! The next time I would think twice or really consider if its worth the punishment!!