DOT Tires > Police *VID*

ahahahah i love it!`

“thats one smart kid, shit he dont wanna pay for shit that legal”

Nice, I am surprised that the cop let him film the entire thing, especially because it made him look like a douche.

im sure that shit will happen this year… cops gotta learn somehow

hahahaha

I had a cop pull me over for temporary tags on my car. Totally legal. I told him that they were legal and he argued with me. I finally saw him sitting in his car looking it up in a book. He came to my window and said “Well I don’t know anything about these temporary tags so I am going to let you go.” 20 minutes later of course.

how the fuck could he NOT know about temp tags ?

soem people are seriously retarded

Tire laws:
Must conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
Minimum tread depth of 2/32 of an inch at the most worn two adjacent tread grooves on the tire.
No cuts or breaks more than one inch long and deep enough to reach the body cords.
No bumps, bulges or knots.
No exposed ply or cord structure.
No tires with restricted usage markings.
(NOTE: These are inspection standards. Of course, you can use a temporary or “donut” spare in an emergency, however they are built for very limited use and should be replaced as soon as possible.)

This was back when Alden still had a town police department and I don’t think they were the brightest bunch.

i remember when i was in drivers ed a while back we were out on a drive and we got pulled over because our car had void on the insurance sticker and my teacher flipped on him and told him to go back to school and learn the shit then he wrote a ticket and made him go to court and the judge threw it out cause nothing was wrong and i dont think the guy showed up

i dont believe hoosier “slicks” are dot legal. by the looks in this video thats what this kid was driving on. the tire temp holes dont really count as tread depth gauges.
they do have dot stamped on the sidewall. from what i remember.

Those Hoosiers have two circumfrential grooves. That makes them legal. Take a look at Choda’s thread, those are the same tires.

Is it just me or was that vid lame?

dont hassle cops like that, let court deal with it

like choda did…