god damn south fayatte cops!! anyone know any

left premanie brothers tonight got home come off the bridgville on-ramp
and get to the red light in front of exxon cop flys up n my and yell for me to pull into exon

gets out starts going all over my car

and starts yelling at me for my bald tires…Sir they come stright from the factory like that~ BULLSHIT quit playing cames im gonna write you up till my hands sore.

well if you run out of ink i got an extra pen in here for you…he didnt like that but fuck him…

so he writes me a 105 dollar fine for unsafe hazord condition tires? anyone know if this has any points???

i have bfg drag radials—should i make a print out of the tires from bfg saying t here dot approved and street legal and contest the charge???

then he says my powertour sticker in the window is illegal uhh no its not sir
and how the hell would you know…proceded to hand him my pennsylviana state inspection lincese…oh ahh well your tires are still bald

ill see you in court have a nice night officer

then looks at my window and see’s my DOD sticker and gets all nice where do you work who do you work for…dosnt matter to you sir im just a crazy kid that drives like a maniac…see you in court

anyone know any cops that could lend me a hand in the area??whaty do you guys think should i contest?? any one got any drag radials that are actualy legal i can bolt on when i do go to court?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetadragradial.jsp

says right there fully streetable!

Small world :frowning:

I heard that on the police scanner earlier.
he was asking the dispatcher to get a hold of another officer, :rofl: he actually did ask about the DOT measurements on wear aaron.

did he measure them at all ???

i dont think its a moving violation, so its your call

i think slowshelby is a fireighter in the area…plus if he didn’t check the tread depth you are home free…fight the shit and if you loose take it washington county court…stroke the fucker off

he never took the tread depth! anyone got a set of good drags radials ill roll them bitches right into court!

i think todd got some brand new ones

ahh they gotta have at least some use!

chad has some not mounted i think
i think they were used slighty :dunno:

they might have some use…all i know is that he bought them for the chevelle and the car hasnt been to track this year

2/32 is the state minimum allowance for safe road tires. Drag Radials typically come with 6/32. Along with ET streets.

Cop tried pulling that shit with me when i had my accident, till BJ and Sam pointed out to him theyre DOT. And made him shine his flashlight on the side of the tire to see the DOT marking

fuck this sucks he was just bored and being a dick

glad i didnt have a beer at premanies only tea!

im gonna have to check my one good one i think it is still in the good maybe~id just like to win this one 105 bucks was my fuel filter

maybe you can roll blues tires in…

blue

are they on your car now??? or they at your house???

cause what i id like to do is get a good tire run it up to firestone or something have another inspector inspect it and sign off and then roll thats bitch into the court!

your measurements wont hold up in court. What I would do is take it to a shop, and have them do the measurement, then sign off on it. Then question the Officer in court if he took a measurement at the time of the stop, and if he could present you with the equipment he used to do it with.

If he says he did not, then ask him, how he would know how much treadware was on your tires. And if he says he could see it with his own eyes. Ask him, then why do we have such tools as a tread measurer?

I have ET streets not Drag Radials on the Cobra. Theyre on the car, but I know the shop owner well. We can go down there and swap rims at any time.

then throw the tires at the judge…seriously that is a good answer

he looked at the tires and knows the tread style i domnt think the et will work

when you find the court date let me know…i might get some bfg drag radiels and i will let you use them for court

I’ve went to court over the same thing when I had my SS. Cept it was just on regular Eagle F1’s. Cop thought my tires were too bald to be driving on. I explained to him, that theyre low profile performance tires and they do not come with a lot of tread on them. (I believe F1’s come with 10/32, compared to a normal tire which is I believe 16-18/32). I took my car down to the Chevy dealer, had them do a tread measuring, and signed off on it with their letterhead. Stating that the tread measurement at the time was 4/32 and it would pass state inspection and was safe for road use.

I presented it to the judge, not only was I found innocent the judge pretty much laughed it out of court, and scolded the officer for not doing an official measurement at the time of stop.

you guys should take this portion of the conversation to PM. You do not know who could be reading this board at any given moment.