Beckington > Old Skool Comaro

“so im on Road XXX in caster. an older white camaro is next to me. we were going like 65 next to each other…they gun it. I then gun it to like 85. A cop passes us, and pulls a u-turn with his lights on.
He gets them, I keep driving. He then flies up to me. I pull over.
He comes over and says “having a little fun are we?”.
I said “yeah…sure?”.
He asks me to get out of the car, and now the camaro is behind him. With 2 other cop cars.
Apparently I was street racing at high speeds.
I told them…“no, I was honestly, going like 75 mph”.
They tell me to get into the back of their car. So I do. They then talk to the other people in the camaro. I am waiting, and they come back and say “do you know what happens if you are caught racing? its a misdemeanor.”…
I say “great. but i wasn’t racing”…“if i was racing, i would be going more than 75 mph… this car is seriously quick…and i wouldn’t be wasting my time on an 80’s something f-body.” Two cops then ask me…“do you know what happens to your insurance?” I reply with…“it goes up”… One cop says “do you know how much?”. I said, “i don’t have a direct quote right here, but im guessing a lot”.
He then says “the other car says you guys were racing”.
I reply with…“i think thats not true, and you are just trying to get me to say we were. Cause we weren’t racing, and 2ndly…who would admit to a cop that?”.
AFTER A LONG PAUSE…I explain.
“My record is clean, I am a decent kid, and I only race at the track…Judge Dwan is one of my teachers”
One cop furiously says “You go and ask Dwan what happens if you are caught racing!!!.. YOU BETTER ASK HIM BECAUSE I AM TELLING HIM ABOUT THIS ON SATURDAY MORNING”
Then the third cop comes out of his car…says my record is clean blah blah blah.
Then… he suggests “his tires are illegal, as is his tint, no front plate, and his muffler.”
I ask “why are my tires illegal?”
“Cause look at the tread!” says a cop.
“Ummm. they are DOT certified, and just passed inspection 2 weeks ago”.
“Are you trying to get us to write you up, instead of thanking us for letting you go on the 4 or 5 tickets we could write you…and instead getting 0…”. One says.
I say. “sorry, and im not being disrespectful, but you having NOTHING on me. Maybe an exhaust ticket. My tires are fine, my tint is legal, and i wasn’t racing. Oh and thanks for not writing me an exhaust ticket (while rolling my eyes)”
They tell me I can leave, and as i am walking to my car, I hear a cop say something to the kids in the camaro, about telling their dad he says “hi”.
It was quite an eventful evening…”

:tup:

thats balls…

haha. nice, beck.

ha cops are allways fun

i would have put the cuffs on you and searched your rectum…

haha messing with white f bodys

yeah i don’t know why he was wasting his time.

he said he was out earlier last night, doing some pulls with twizted’s buddies f-body V8…and pulled hard on them.

:gotme:

unless you have no tint on your front windows, it was not legal.

good read.

thats incorrect… you are allowed a VERY SMALL amount of tint on the front windows

something like 70 percent of light passes thru them

I thought it was 50% was the legal limit???

no 70% is the legal limit unless you have a doctors note saying you need it for a health conition… and that is only for the side windows

the back window you can paint if you want as long as you have a drivers side mirror

Honestly, any tint that the cop can see, is too dark. The glass itself, blocks some light, and then any tint you are getting harassed about is too dark.

How many of you have ever been harassed about tint that was legal?
Who runs legal tint?

New York Tint Law Enacted: 1991
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW YORK?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN NEW YORK?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.
Back Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.

OTHER NEW YORK RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors No colors of tint are explicitly banned.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on each tinted window.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

beck > .

lol good read

Factory tint is 70% ie. the blue or bronze in the glass, so even a 70% film is tech. illegal.

No front plate is illegal

And I am sure you don’t have stock exhaust

So they did indeed have stuff on you. But they could not get you for racing and I agree with that. Easiest thing to say would have been…yeah I am speeding I was in a hurry blah blah…this dumb fuck white car came out of nowhere and started trying to keep up with me. Trust me it works…not that I would know :snky:

:lol: Nice work! Its always good to know your rights. Cops always try to intimidate you.

I just got my car back that night and the tuning would not be done until today. So i was told not to hit WOT @ all. So yeahh from a 50mph roll my 3600lb Automatic F-Bod with 4:11’s got pulled from on a roll when i was @ half throttle.

We then caught a light and i gave it a little more gas and i pulled a hemisphere on him:lol:

Once the tuning is done,i get the converter in,and i get some tires i will run you @ NYI. If you win u win no big deal to me i just like to race for fun-No Drama. So lemme know when your ready to run @ the Track :slight_smile:

The white maro you raced is owned by a chick named krystal. She is sexyattitude on ubrf i belive. Thats only her winter ride. Summer ride is a 02 Slp Orange Maro… Car runs high 12’s @ Nyi-Thats more your speed. Ill let her know about this thread im pretty shure she would be down to run ya @ NYI

comon beck prove to the honda world that they can run from digs!

i wouldnt get such an attitude with cops…